Part 36

"Boston, just like how we agreed. That's where we all live after moving from Australia. Of course I'm sure she's told you about our little-"
They are cut off by Lexi rushing to them, grabbing onto Niall's hand tightly.
Niall lets out a sigh of relief, getting out of the awkward conversation and moves his hand to hug her.
Niall looks at Lexi closer and his eyebrows furrows. Her eyes are red and slightly swollen. If you look closer you can see some make up stains she tried to remove.
He grabs her cheek with his other hand pulling her face closer. "What the hell happened?" He asks angrily.
Her parents lean closer to them watching their daughter in concern as well.
"I got it!" She whispers.
Niall leans in closer not catching what she says.
"Niall, I got it. Damien Chazelle wanted me. I'm going to be in Sydney this winter to be in his movie."
Niall breaks down laughing with her before pecking her lips over and over again. "I'm so happy for you. I knew you can do it!"
Lexi lets out a laugh and clings herself onto him.
"I love you." She giggles.
Niall feels her starts to cry again wetting his shirt but he doesn't care.
"I love you," She mutters over and over again. "Thank you for believing in me."
"I love you too, baby. So much." He mumbles holding her close.
Lexi's parents watches them, looking at each other in defeat and in confusion not knowing what to do. After a while Lexi climbs down Niall, wipes her face with her black graduation dress and takes a deep breath.
She looks at her parents and althought they don't know it, she knows deep down they are not as happy for her as her beaming boyfriend next to her.
"We made an agreement," She starts. "I guess I'm not going back to Boston after all."