Part 54

Jackson looks at Lexi looking anxiously at her phone.
"Babe,"
Lexi looks up from her phone and scoffs. "I'm fine." She says already knowing what he wants to ask.
Jackson hums plopping on the couch next to her. "Is it because Millie force you to go to that stupid show? You don't have to go, you know." He tries to lighten the mood.
"No," She chuckles. "It's not that. Or it might be, I don't know." She shrugs.
She rubs her face softly in confusing, laying her head on his shoulder. "I knew him, personally." She looks at Jackson.
"Niall?" She nods.
"A while back when I was studying in LA. He was," She sighs shaking her head. "Such a bitersweet memory." She says laying her head back. He nods, knowing where this is going.
"And I don't know if I'm brave enough to face him again. What if he wants me still? What if I wan't him still? I don't know what I'm going to do." She huffs.
"How long were you guys together?" He asks. She shakes her head.
"Not long. It was barely a year. Nothing good lasts that long." She looks down, fiddling with her fingers.
"You don't have to go with her." Jackson reaches for her knee, squeezing it comfortly.
Lexi looks at him jokingly. "What if she gets kidnapped-"
"Jesus, I'll go with her then. Life's not that complicated." He rolls his eyes making her giggle.
"You're the best, you know that, Jackson?" She groans resting her head on his chest. He hums knowingly.
"Are you sure you don't want to go, though? Seems like you guys had some, unfinished business." He says.
She shakes her head. "Oh, no. It's finished alright." She says.
"Then? If it's finished what's the harm in going?" He asks.
"Just thinking about a sequel I guess." She sighs. "But you know what they all say about sequels, right?" She asks looking up to him.
He hums.
"It's never as good as the first one."