Part 42

"I'm sorry I hurt you." Niall says.
"I know." Lexi sighs.
Niall takes her hand in his pressing his lips softly on her skin. She watches him softly, not knowing how or what to feel.
She pulls her hand from him and stands up. "Well, I have to get all my things out Lauren's place before she comes back from her trip with her friends ‪in 4 days‬." She says.
"I can help you." Niall suggests.
"I don't," She shakes her head. "I don't think that'll be appropriate-"
"What is appropriate? I don't know where we stand." Niall exclaims getting frustrated. He forcefully runs his fingers through his hair, scoffing loudly.
Lexi only stays quiet and shrugs lightly.
"It's been five months but it's like as if it's been forever. It's like we don't know each other anymore." Niall stands up as well huffing, his figure hovering over her. "It's as if we were never in love."
Lexi looks up to him finally. "I didn't come here to have this conversation."
"Then what did you come here for?"
Lexi breaks eye contact, bringing her hand to cover her face. "I don't know." She laughs coldly. "I was down the road packing and for a moment I guess I missed you-"
"I miss you too." He cuts her off holding her shoulders. "God, I miss you more that I've ever missed anyone. So why are you so closed up?"
"Because I'm not here to fix things." She sighs finally remembering why she came all the way here. She shrugs his hands off and wipe her wet eyes before any tears can roll down. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving." She says.
She blinks away her glassy eyes and gives her a smile. "We really did love each other, didn't we?" She chuckles.
"I still lo-"
"Don't" She shakes her head. "This isn't some rekindle scheme. This is goodbye." She tells him.
"Lexi,"
"Thank you. Thank you for making my last year in L.A such a memorable time. I wish we have more time-"
"We can!"
"No." She shakes her head. "I'm going to be in Australia for a long time, you'll be on the road forever. It was never bound to last." She says.
Lexi grabs Niall's hand and look at him deep in the eye one last time. "I'll love you forever."
"Don't leave like this. Not again." He begs.
She gets on her tip toe and kisses his cold cheek, before leaving him for the second time.