Part 35

Lexi's parents look at Lexi interact with Niall in disgust. Of course they're not going showing it, they're rather good at hiding their dislike after years of seeing her hang around people that are not up to their standards.
Both of them knew the moment that Lexi told them she is dating a singer that they are not going to agree with the relationships. They thought that after four years of her failed attempt of getting into the entertainment industry, that'll be it. She'll go back home to Boston and be the lawyer she's always meant to be.
But of course she'll have to get tangled up with someone from the industry. Now she'll always have a reminder of what she could have been, and that will continue to be her priority.
Lexi feels her phone buzzes under her gown. She looks. "Hold on, it's Sisca." She mutters kissing Niall's cheek before walking off.
"Sisca?" Her dad asks.
"She's her agent as far as I know." Niall tells them rubbing his pants starting to get nervous being on his own.
Her dad lets out a loud huff before shrugging. "So, Niall." He clears his throat.
"You're so much more good looking than Lexi gushes." Her mum touches his hand making him blush, laughing.
"Thank you, although I'm sure we all can agree that she's the better looking partner." Niall says and the two parents laugh, only because they want to seem nice. "I'm guessing you're not from UCLA since you're not wearing a toga. Or have you graduated already?" Her dad asks.
"I'm neither actually. I didn't continue my studies after high school. I'm just too busy with my music career to manage." He chuckles, they don't chuckle along.
They didn't send their daughter all the way to LA, for her to one, not be a lawyer, and two, be in a relationship with someone not up to her level.
"Have you ever consider going? You're not gonna be a singer forever y'know." Her dad hums.
Niall nods. "Maybe, but I really don't think uni's for me-"
"No such thing!" Her dad laughs.
Niall shifts uncomfortably in front of them.
"Oh, get off his back." Her mum slaps her dad's arm before offering Niall a comforting smile.
"Where did you meet our daughter?" Her mum asks.
His dad snickers. "I hope not through whatever she's doing in her free time in front of a camera." Her dad says.
Niall can't understand how they are both looking so happy although everything coming out of their mouth makes him uncomfortable.
"Stop it, Jeremy." She warns. "Anyways," She sighs. "It feels like only yesterday she was fighting with us on going to LA to study, now's she's going back home." She beams looking at her husband.
"Home?" Niall quickly asks.