Chapter 14 /// Part 3

"Ok so the rules of the game are as follows ladies and gentlemen. The name of the game is Bullshit. We're gonna deal the cards, your goal is to get rid of all your cards before anyone else. We'll take it in turns and go around. Let's say I have 1 king, I might say 2 kings and put 1 king and 1 ace down. If nobody questions me, I've just bullshitted my way putting down an extra card. If someone pulls me up and says bullshit, I have to lift my cards up and show what I put down, if you catch me in a lie, I have to pick up the whole pile of cards." Levi explained as she dealt out the playing cards around the table.

"How will we know if you're bullshitting though?" Billie questioned with a frown as she picked her cards up.

"That's the point, you don't. But if I say oh I'm putting down three 2's but you know for a fact you have two 2's in your cards, then you know I'm bullshitting? Or if I say I'm putting down three 2's but Maggie already put down three 2's earlier in the game, you know I'm potentially bullshitting...but there's a chance Maggie bullshitted and we missed it."

Billie looked around the table as Patrick and Maggie nodded along. "What's the winner get?" She asked.

"Pride." Patrick threw in as he hit the bottom of his pile of cards on the table.

"Fuck that. What's the winner get?" She asked again with her eyebrows raised.

"Why are you so competitive?" Levi asked with a laugh.

Maggie watched the pair with a smile. "Trust she always has been. We'd be teaching her and everything would turn into a competition."

Billie grinned and flicked her hair if her shoulder. "But look how I turned out though."

"Billie...what's a grape?" Levi asked with a smug smirk.

"Hey, fuck you man." Billie mumbled. "Are we playing or nah? I'm ready to kick some old people ass."

The first game went on with many stops, Billie lost badly since every-time anyone put a card down she'd scream Bullshit at the top of her lungs. The second game was better, Maggie won, and at this point with it being the second different game Maggie has beat Levi at, she's starting to think Mama Maggie is a hustler.

"Ok fuck this shit. BullSHIT." Billie exclaimed after her dad announcing he put down two Queens. Levi side eyed her girlfriend, because damn she sucks at this game.

"Are you sure?" Patrick asked with a smirk.

Billie nodded. "Total—" Billie stopped talking when she felt a pain in her shin. She glanced to the right and seen Levi staring at her.

From Levi's side, she wasn't staring, she was trying to warn the girl that it wasn't bullshit.

"Bull. Shit." Billie said one more time.

"Read 'em and weep, child." Patrick laughed as he spread out the cards he just put down.

"Motherfucker." Billie exclaimed, slamming her fist down into the table. "Fuck this shit." She said as shuffled in her chair to move closer to Levi. "Me and Levin are a team now."

Levi laughed and moved her cards away. "Like fuck we are."

Billie frowned and pinched the skin lightly on the back of Levi's arm.

"Jeez, fine. We're a team. But don't go making any decisions by yourself!"

Levi regretted caving into Billie straight away. The very next hand she screamed bullshit and added to their now substantial pile of cards to get rid off.

"Bullshit!"

"Billie! What the fuck bro, calm your shit." Levi exclaimed as she leaned back in her chair and threw her head back.

"What, I thought it was a lie?"

"How is it a lie when she's said she's putting down one 3...when we have three 3's. What would be the point?" Levi sighed before turning to Billie and grasping her head in her hands. "Baby, I love you, but shush!"

Billie rolled her eyes and reached down to pick up one of the puppies that were walking around her feet. "Fine, me and mr grumpy will just chill here. Mean foster mommy, right?" She finished by saying in a baby voice to the pup.

The game managed to go on for another 15 minutes, Levi had 2 more cards to get rid off, where as Maggie had 5 and 4 respectively.

"Two 6's." Maggie said slowly as she lay the cards down, flickering between making eye contact with Levi and Patrick.

"Two, what sorry?" Levi asked with a skeptical look, trying to look for any tells.

"6's. Two 6's. 6 of clubs, 6 of spades." Maggie firmly said.

Levi glances over to Patrick who in return was looking back at her. Squinting her eyes between the two and back at her own cards.

"Bullshit."

"BILLIE!" Levi yelled.

"Ha! Too late, you're a team." Maggie quickly interjected, lifting up her last two cards to reveal she was saying the truth.

Billie stayed silent whilst Levi turned to her with a glare.

"Whoops." She spoke to the puppy.

"You're a little shit. You don't deserve to hold the pupper." Levi said through gritted teeth as she reached over and took the puppy from Billie's arms. "Even Pepper frowns at you." She added as she nodded over to where Pepper was laying staring at Billie.

"I thought she was lying!" Billie exclaimed.

"Ass." Levi said as she dramatically turns away, struggling to keep her straight face when she seen Maggie and Patrick laughing before standing up and walking away.

Levi felt Billie's arms wrap around her shoulders. "Babyyyy." Billie whined. "I'm sorry mamas. This is why I don't play games!" Levi didn't flinch. "I'm sorry daddy, please forgive me?" Billie whispered into Levi's ear, using the tip of her tongue to tickle Levi's earlobe.

There it is.

Game nights rule. If you haven't played Bullshit then you haven't lived.