6. Newbie's register

"Taehyung! Is this your first time in a call center?" Jimin suddenly asked. Jungkook and Hoseok turned towards Jimin, confused as to why he suddenly asked that. 

"Sorry?" Taehyung asked. "I mean, you have never worked in a call center before, have you?" Jimin asked. "Yeah. How did you know that?" Taehyung asked. 

"Jungkookie, help him. Show him all the basics" Jimin said, avoiding Taehyung's question. 

Jungkook was confused. He didn't understand why Jimin suddenly asked him to help Taehyung. He turned towards Taehyung's desk and realized what Jimin meant. He went around to Taehyung's desk. 

"Taehyung, you are supposed to have your notepad with you all the time. And you should also have that customer info register with you. You are supposed to enter customer info into it every time you get a call" Jungkook explained. 

"Open the register, I will explain everything" he said. "Ohh. But where is the register?" Taehyung asked. "In your drawer" Jungkook pointed to the left of Taehyung's desk. "How did you do yesterday's work?" Jungkook asked as he watched Taehyung reach out to the drawer on his left. 

"I didn't get any calls yesterday" Taehyung said and reached out to grab the register. He stopped midway and stared at the book. He turned the other way and took the book out with his right hand. 

'Weird guy! Why would he take it out with his right hand when the desk is on the left side? Does he have that stupid sentiment of not using left hand for special occasions and all such things? Right. That must be it! This is his first time in a call center and he is using that register for the first time. He might be having that idiotic sentiment' Jungkook thought. 

"Right! So this column is for serial number, this is for date and time, this is for customer ID, this is for customer name, this is for their phone number, and this is for the reason for which they called. 

You don't have to write a detailed reason and all. Right after a call finishes, you get all of their information on the screen. You just have to copy it into the register" Jungkook said. "Okay. Thank you" Taehyung said and bowed to him. 

"Aigooooooo, why are you being so formal? We are friends now. You don't have to bow" Jungkook whined. "Sorry" he said and dropped his head again. Jungkook sighed and got back to his seat. 

"Uhh, Jungkook-ssi! I have a doubt. Can you hel-" "I am not helping you with anything until you drop the honorifics" Jungkook cut Taehyung off. 

"Sorry. Can you help me please?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook let out a deep breath and walked around to Taehyung's desk. "What is it?" he asked. 

"Is this reason fine, or should I do it in another way?" Taehyung asked, showing him the info of the two calls that he had received. 

Jungkook started at the register and looked back at Taehyung. He then looked back at the register and back at him again. He blinked twice at the register and scratched his chin. He looked back at Taehyung, who was starting at Jungkook with frightened eyes. 

"Is it wrong? Do I have to do it again? I'm sorry" Taehyung said, reaching out to tear the page. 

"No, no! It's fine, it's fine! It's good enough. You don't have to add anything. In fact, you can make it more compact. Like, instead of 'confused about how to change the phone language', you can simply write 'problem regarding phone language'. It kinda sounds more professional and compact" Jungkook said. 

"Right. Okay. Thank you" Taehyung bowed again. "Arrgghhh, I told him to stop bowing!" Jungkook grumbled as he got back to his seat.

Jimin watched the whole thing. He was curious about what made Jungkook react like that. 

'Yah! Why were you staring back and forth between him and the register? I mean, why did you react like that? What was wrong?' he texted Jungkook. 

Jungkook took out his phone and read the message with a frown in his face. He let out another deep breath and looked at Taehyung, who was busy entering another customer's details into the register. 

'I think he sprained his wrist or something. Gawd, his handwriting was horrible. I mean, it wasn't like the adult-like horrible type. It was more like the kid-like horrible type. Yeah, he must have sprained his hand. That's it!' he replied and got back to work.