13. A month and a half

A month passed by without any of them noticing how fast it flew by. Jungkook found himself falling harder and harder for Taehyung as each day passed. At this point, he literally got up fully hyped every morning to get to the office and meet Taehyung again.

And with every passing day, his behaviour was becoming more and more obvious to Jimin and Hoseok. Fortunately, Jungkook managed to control himself in front of Taehyung. Thus, Taehyung never caught on to Jungkook's odd behaviour.

They never brought up the topic of Taehyung's scar or handwriting ever again, and everything was fine. Jimin and Yoongi made great progress in their relationship and Jimin was literally over the moon. 

Jungkook, in general, wasn't exactly a shy person. He never held his feelings in. He was open about them. But something about Taehyung made him stay back. Taehyung didn't seem to be a rude a person. In fact, he was far from it. He was too cute for Jungkook's heart. 

Just a smile from him was enough for Jungkook to start collecting his melted heart into a bottle.

But that just wasn't it. Even though he seemed as the most innocent, cute and harmless person, there was something in him that always made Jungkook think twice. 

He so badly and desperately wanted to let Taehyung know about his feelings. It had been a month and a half since they met. Jungkook never believed in 'love at first sight' before, but he couldn't deny this. It was love at first sight indeed. 

But apparently, that wasn't the case with Taehyung. He hadn't even dropped the honorifics yet, let alone try to flirt, even though it has been a month and half since they met. 

They forced him to drop it for a while, but they themselves dropped it soon, seeing as Taehyung always avoided the topic. 

Taehyung still rushed out of the office the second work finished, and they still didn't understand why he did so, but they never asked him. 

He always carried around this kind of aura that made them hesitate to ask personal questions. Even though this wasn't exactly personal, they couldn't gather up enough courage to ask something as simple as this.

They recently found out that Taehyung lived a few blocks away from Jimin and Hoseok's apartment, on the way to the office. Jungkook offered to pick him up as well in the morning and drop him off on the evening, but he stubbornly refused the offer. Again, they didn't ask him why.

They didn't hang out again after the fiasco at the game club. At least not with Taehyung. The other three obviously met almost every weekend. Even though they called him every single time, Taehyung never came again. 

It was Friday when Jimin suddenly craved a strong beer. "Let's have beer tonight" Jimin suddenly said. Hoseok and Taehyung, who were on calls, didn't respond. "Okaiie" Jungkook said. "Where?" he asked. "My flat" Jimin said. "Yeeeeesssss" Jungkook said and turned back to his computer, grinning from ear to ear.

"What is Jungkook-ssi so happy about?" Taehyung asked to no one in particular after entering the details into his register. "We are gonna have some beer tonight. At my flat. Do you wanna join?" Jimin asked, already knowing the answer. 

"Sorry, Jimin-ssi. I know I keep letting you down all the time, but I really can't come tonight. But we have a holiday tomorrow, right? Shall we hang out tomorrow in the afternoon?" Taehyung asked. 

"Yeah! That's wonderful! But we won't be able to drink and all if we hang out in the afternoon right?" Jungkook asked. "I can't come in the evening, Jungkook-ssi" Taehyung said. 

"Okay, then....we'll all drink together some other day. Tomorrow, 12 'o' clock, my flat....is that fine?" Jungkook asked. "Yeah, okay! Just like last time, we can meet up and decide where to go" Taehyung said. "Perfect" Jimin said and turned to his phone to take an incoming call. 

"Good afternoon, this is the Samsung Customer Care. How can I help you?" he asked. "Jimin-ah, you should at least check if the call is from your phone or your computer" someone from the other side said and chuckled. 

Jimin widened his eyes at the familiar voice that he had come to love. "Ohh, Yoongs! Sorry, sorry, I got confused" Jimin's voice dropped to a whisper. 

Hoseok and Taehyung didn't hear him, but Jungkook could. He whipped his head towards Jimin the second he heard 'Yoongs'. 'Whoa....they became quite close apparently' he thought. 

"Ohh, sure, sure. I'd love it. See ya!! Bye!!" Jimin hung up, smiling widely. "Yoongs, huh?" Jungkook whispered. "Shut up" Jimin whispered back and cleared his throat. 

"Hobi, I'm sorry. I have a date for tonight. Let's meet up tomorrow as we planned" Jimin said. 

"Were we supposed to meet today?" Hoseok asked. "Yeah, but Jiminie's 'boyfriend' is calling him. So we'll meet tomorrow. Taehyung's gonna join us too" Jungkook said, making his voice go weird when he said 'boyfriend'. 

"Ohh, that's great" Hoseok said, smacking Taehyung's arm in delight. "Let him go, then. We both can drink in my flat" he said to Jungkook. "Right. Okaiie. That's better" Jungkook said and they got back to their work.