47. Mysterious box

A year passed by peacefully without any complications. After a lot of thinking and discussions, and a lot of persuasion from Taehyung, Yoongi finally decided to move in with Jimin and Jungkook decided to move in with Taehyung and Namjoon. 

Namjoon had decided not to move out because Taehyung was still in need of medical help. In the past one year, Taehyung had improved considerably. Jungkook tried different methods to slowly bring him out of it. His principle was to face the trauma heads-on instead of trying to escape facing it.

It was working. Taehyung could now sit in a stationery car for five minutes before practically running out of it. Of course, he spent the whole five minutes whimpering and squeezing the life out of Jungkook's hand. But still, they considered the fact that he was at least able to sit those five minutes as a success. 

They reduced his sleeping medication from everyday to thrice a week. They couldn't be more grateful towards Jungkook. Even though he wasn't a medical student, he was putting in a lot of effort in trying to help his boyfriend. That was more than enough for them. 

Taehyung and Namjoon were currently in the guest room, trying to clean it so that Namjoon could use it as his own room after Jungkook moved in, while Yoongi and Jungkook packed all of Yoongi's items in the bedroom. Jimin and Hoseok were in Jimin's house, trying to make it a bit more neat and livable. 

Jungkook was currently standing on the ladder, trying to get another empty suitcase from the attic. He passed the suitcase to Yoongi and was just about to get down when his eyes fell on a cardboard package that was hidden behind the suitcase that he had taken out. 

"What's that, hyung?" he asked. "What's what?" Yoongi asked. "That cardboard thingy" Jungkook said, looking down at Yoongi. "Cardboard thingy?? Bring it down. Let's see. I don't remember any cardboard thingy" Yoongi said. 

Jungkook brought it down and dusted it before setting it on the floor. 

'To Kim Seokjin
From Kim Sihyuk'

Yoongi gasped and ran to lock the bedroom before settling back on the floor next to the box. "We completely forgot about this package" he said as he examined the box. "That's Tae's brother, right?" Jungkook asked. 

"Yeah. It is from his dad. And the weird part is that we received it exactly a year after he died. We thought it might be fake or something cause obviously, he was dead. But we also thought that he might have arranged for this package to arrive on that day before he died. I know it sounds absurd, but at that time, we thought that maybe he already knew that he was gonna die" he said, picking up the box. 

"Why didn't you open it until now?" Jungkook asked. 

"I dunno. At that time, our only thought was that it was addressed to Jin and we obviously shouldn't touch it and that only Tae has the right to do it. But we hid it from him because he was just out of his state of unresponsiveness and we didn't want him to freak out. I mean, you know how he still freaks out the second he sees a 'Seokjin' anywhere. So you can imagine how intense it would have been back then" Yoongi explained. 

"Right, I get it. So what do you think? Should we open it? We obviously can't wait for Taehyung to get stable enough to actually open it, right? That too it is from his dad to his brother. He might freak out a bit more than usual" Jungkook reasoned. 

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Let's just hide this somewhere. We are however gonna give him sleeping pills today. So we can see it in the night. It seems heavy, though" Yoongi said. 

"Yeah. I wonder what's in it" Jungkook said. "We'll see in the night. There isn't much time left, anyways. Let's just finish packing" Yoongi said. 

Jungkook placed it back in the attic. "Let's keep the ladder here itself. We can bring it back down after he sleeps" he said. "Okay" Yoongi said and unlocked the door. 

They finished packing and were chilling on the couch when someone knocked on the door. Taehyung jumped up to open it and found himself facing Jimin and Hoseok with huge grins on their faces. 

"We finished cleaning my flat. Came to see if you guys need any help" Jimin declared. "Nah. We are also done. We were just about to order food. Come on" Taehyung said, opening the door wider and letting them in. 

"Yoongly Poongleesss" Jimin yelled and jumped onto Yoongi's lap, receiving a grunt from him. Hoseok chuckled while Namjoon and Taehyung burst into laughter. 

"Yoongly what?" Jungkook asked. "Poongles" Jimin said innocently, receiving a smack from Yoongi and a guffaw from Jungkook. 

"Seriously! I am glad my boyfriend doesn't come up with names like that" Jungkook said and looked at Taehyung gratefully. Taehyung puckered his lips and sent him a flying kiss before grinning widely at his red ears.