33. The doctor says

A little more than five hours passed as the two of them sat outside the emergency room, desperately waiting for the doctors to walk out and tell them that Taehyung had made it.

Yoongi sat with both of his hands joined together and the tips of them touching his forehead. His elbows rested on his knees as he kept praying on and on for the younger to keep fighting. 

It had been a very long night and both of them were extremely tired, but neither of them could even do so much as close their eyes and take a deep breath. 

They didn't know what to do next. They had Taehyung in one hand, and a funeral to arrange in the other. They had no idea what to do and how to do. 

And one thought kept bothering them the whole time even though they didn't voice it out loud out of fear. 

Drawing pins.........Seo Dae Shin.......

Around two years ago, a mysterious murder of the most wanted mafia leader had taken place. No one knew the details. Not a single word about what, why, how and when. 

Mysteriously, the dead body had an orange drawing pin on the forehead. And the words 'Seo Dae Shin' carved on his chest with what the police assumed to be a pocket knife. 

But the killer was very good at it. He literally left not a single trace. It had become the hot topic of the country. The most wanted mafia leader, killed by someone named Seo Dae Shin. 

Does that mean that another person has come up? More powerful and more cruel? Is he gonna try to terrorize the country? Why did he kill the previous one? What's the meaning behind the drawing pin? Why did he carve his name on the chest? Does he want us to know who he is? Is that it?

Many such burning questions throbbed all over, but no one could find an answer. After that, the saga continued. A few other celebrities and high officials of the government were found dead in the similar manner. Except that this time, the letters 'SDS' were carved instead of the full name. 

No one knew if this man was an assassin working on people's orders or if he was doing this on his own. 

But one thing was for sure after a year or so. 

He was a professional assassin who never showed his face to anyone. Not even the people who he killed. 

At least, that was what the police had confirmed even though they had never even caught a hair strand of his. Numerous detectives had been hired and are still working on it and yet, they couldn't even find the trace of this mysterious killer.

Also, after a while, it became clear that Seo Dae Shin only killed people with big shots. In almost two and half years since he had started this business, he has never killed a normal person. 

So why now? Why did he kill people who were literally broke and were trying to live off of their monthly wages? 

Their thought process was broken as the doors to the emergency room opened and three doctors and four nurses came out. One of them was the one they had seen examining the bodies in the morgue.

Yoongi and Namjoon ran towards them with bloodshot eyes, asking them about Taehyung's condition. "Follow me" one of them said. 'Probably the head doctor' Namjoon thought as they followed the doctor into his chamber.

"You've had a long night, so I won't beat around the bush. First of all, you must have realized that this was a Seo Dae Shin attack. But the problem is, this guy doesn't have the initials on his chest. "

"His initials weren't carved?!" Namjoon asked incredulously. His voice broke as tears made their way out once again. 

"Exactly! We all know that Seo Dae Shin's victims have those initials. So I thought it might have been fake or something, but I was told that the other two people who were brought in along with him have the initials" the doctor said. It was hard to process. They couldn't understand. 

The bullet missing its target?
Seo Dae Shin not checking if his victims were properly dead?
Him not carving his initials on his victim's chest?
It all seemed mysterious......
And extremely confusing........

"Because it is Seo Dae Shin, I advice you to not go to the police over this. Because you yourselves know that it won't be of any use and that they are already searching for him. Also, he might come back to him if he comes to know that the kid made it out alive.

So don't waste your time on those things that won't give you any result. Instead, focus on that boy who needs a lot of support from you guys. Give him all of your support because he is in utter need of it.

As this is a Seo Dae Shin murder and I feel very very sorry for you guys, I will take this as my personal case. So brace yourselves and listen carefully. Mr. Kim is in a very critical condition right now. I'm not gonna sugar coat anything. 

We have removed the bullet from his body, but he isn't stable yet. The bullet scraped his heart very dangerously. He had a cardiac arrest during the surgery and we barely brought him back. 

He is in coma right now. As per the rules, the hospital will let him stay for six months, but after that, his stay will be on your terms.

We still don't know if he is gonna survive this. But  though the bullet did scrape by, it didn't actually penetrate the heart. But don't take it lightly, because the scrape wasn't light. It was very close to penetrating it.

Also, I dunno if you have seen this, but there is a gaping hole in the patient's left hand. It seems as if he tried to block the bullet with his hand out of instinct. But the bullet was too powerful and looks like it just went through the hand and into the body. 

I think this is one of the reasons why the bullet missed its target compared to the other two people. I am really sorry for your loss, Mr. Kim and Mr. Min. It seems as if Mr. Kim Taehyung's gun shot was the most recent of all the three. 

That is why they succumbed while he could make it out. And the fact that his bullet missed its target. Even now, like I said, we aren't sure if he will survive. It depends on how much he fights. As far as I can say, he has gone through some emotional shit as well. 

As for his left hand, we are going to perform a surgery on it in another two hours because we need to work on it before the nerves die up. We may even have to perform plastic surgery by the looks of it and it may leave a scar for the rest of his life. 

The nerves have literally been cut off in the middle, so the extent of the damage can be judged only after he wakes up from the coma"

"He is a lefty, doctor" Yoongi said. "Oh. I don't think he will be able to use his left hand anymore. I am very sorry, but like I said, the nerves were completely cut out and we can properly judge the damage only after he wakes up.

Also, it is really gonna cost a lot. Are you guys ready to pay for everything? Including his stay until he wakes up" the doctor asked. 

"Yes! We will pay for everything even if we have to work ten times harder! Please just do as much as you can for him! He is like our little brother" Yoongi said as he sobbed. 

The doctor nodded. "I meant it when I said that I will take him as my personal case. My name is Hyungsik. I wish we met under better circumstances" he said, extending his hand out to shake hands with the two of them.

"Please, sir! We really beg you! Please do your best! Save him!" Namjoon cried. 

"Don't worry! He is in my hands. I won't let him die without putting up a worthy fight. But one thing! No matter what, you guys have to help him fight! Even if it is something as simple as holding his hands and encouraging him" he said, smiling at them. 

"We will! We will do everything we possibly can for him" Yoongi said. 

"Okay, then. Don't you guys have a funeral to arrange? Give me your phone number. I'll call you guys after the surgery on his hand is done. Go home and take some rest and come back after the funeral is done" the doctor said, patting their backs. 

They thanked him and walked out, trying to locate the morgue so that they could book an ambulance to take the bodies home. 

It was really too much. They couldn't bear to look at Jin's face. 

They didn't exactly care for the man who left their friends years ago, but they couldn't bring themselves to look at their dear friend, who laid on the stretcher lifelessly, with a ghostly pale face that was covered completely with blood from the pin on his forehead.