45. Trust me, baby

"Kim. Tae. Hyung. 
  Get the fuck up!
  Happy Birthday,
  So get the fuck up"
Jungkook kept chanting, but Taehyung didn't so much as move a limb. 

"Jump on him" Namjoon suggested, holding a mug of coffee in his hand and leaning on the door frame, finding amusement in the different silly methods that Jungkook tried to wake his boyfriend up. 

"I am too heavy for that. He'll die if I do that" Jungkook said. "Who is asking you to jump too hard? Do it lightly" Namjoon said. Jungkook chuckled and climbed on the bed, standing on it by placing his legs on both the sides of Taehyung. 

Namjoon gestured to Yoongi to come and join the fun as Jungkook started the countdown. "Get ready, Tae! Imma smash youuu! 3! 2! oneeeeeeeee" he said and jumped on him, landing straight on Taehyung's stomach and knocking the air out of him. 

"Owwwwwwww, ugghhhhh" Taehyung grunted as he immediately wrapped arms around his stomach and tried to sit up. But Jungkook was still sitting on his stomach and laughing his head off. 

"The fuck?? What the hell?" Taehyung grunted again. He scowled at Jungkook, who rolled to his side and clutched his stomach, howling in between laughs to take in more air. 

"Did you guys decide to bully me on birthday? Bad people" he frowned, but none of them heard him. Even Namjoon and Yoongi were busy laughing their heads off on the floor beside the bed. 

After spending ten minutes rolling from side to side, Jungkook managed to control his laugh enough to wish him a happy birthday. "I have a surprise for you, babe. Get out of the bed and freshen up" he said, jumping out of the bed and dashing out. 

Namjoon and Yoongi put their mugs aside and waited for Taehyung to get into the washroom before getting into action. They went out and took their positions while Jungkook waited in the living room for Taehyung. 

Taehyung took his sweet time brushing his teeth and taking a shower while Jungkook sat on the couch, bouncing his leg up and down in tension. He could practically feel his chest becoming heavy with the amount of tension he was feeling. He prayed for nothing to go wrong as he kept looking towards the bedroom. 

Taehyung finally came out, wearing jeans and a cute hoodie. "Where is it?" he asked cheerfully. "Now listen carefully, okay?" Jungkook said, jumping up from the couch and placing his hands on Taehyung's cheeks. 

Taehyung could feel Jungkook's hands shake, but brushed it off thinking he might have prepared a big surprise to account for his nervousness. 

He gave him a nod and kept his eyes wide open, looking all cute and innocent. "Get your headphones. The one that I gave you for Christmas" Jungkook said. "Okaiie" Taehyung said and went back to the bedroom to get his headphones. 

"You trust me, right?" Jungkook asked. 

"Of course, dummy!" Taehyung answered. He couldn't understand where Jungkook was going with all this, but his boyfriend looked tensed enough, and he didn't want to add more to it, which was why he answered all of the questions without asking any more. 

"So, this is my surprise, Tae. I wrote a song for you and sang it. It is in my phone, and I'm gonna play it for you. I'll be putting a blindfold on you and I want you to swear on me that you won't peek from it, baby" Jungkook said. "B-Blindfold?" Taehyung asked. 

"Yeah. Trust me, baby. I will be with you the whole time. I will actually be holding your hand the whole time, okay?" Jungkook reassured him. 

Taehyung was scared, yes. But he also trusted Jungkook very much. So much that he was ready to put on the blindfold if Jungkook was going to be with him until he removed it. 

He nodded hesitantly. "I will put the song on full volume, okay? It's going to be very loud so that you can enjoy the effects. I worked really hard for that song. Every single line in it is for you, babe. It is completely meant for you. I am gonna carry you bridal style cause I don't want you to walk and recognize where we are going, okay?" Jungkook asked, hoping that Taehyung would accept it without asking any questions. 

Taehyung nodded again and took a deep breath. "You are making me nervous for some reason" he said, releasing an awkward laugh. 

"I told you, right? I will be with you the whole time. Now swear once again that you won't peek from the blindfold" Jungkook said. "I swear" Taehyung said. "Good. Now let's go" Jungkook said, pulling out a thick, black blindfold from his pocket. 

Taehyung widened his eyes at the blindfold, but didn't say anything because he wanted to show Jungkook how much he trusted him. He stood silently as Jungkook tied the blindfold around his eyes. 

"Don't run me into any walls, okay?" he tried to lighten the tense mood. "Wait and watch" Jungkook chuckled and Taehyung suddenly felt the headphone around his ears. 

"I'm gonna play some random song right now, okay? My song will come next. You might be able to recognize my voice" Jungkook said and waited for Taehyung to nod before playing a short song with a lot of BGM to earn them some time until they reached outside. 

Taehyung yelped as Jungkook suddenly swept him off the floor. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck and snuggled closer to his chest. 

"I'll kill you if you drop me" he mumbled. He couldn't hear Jungkook's reply as the song that Jungkook played was too loud. It was soo loud that he was sure even Jungkook could hear the song blasting through the headphones. 

He felt Jungkook's chest rumble and realized that the younger might be laughing or chuckling. He held on tighter, praying that the younger wouldn't drop him. 

He could feel the younger walk. He tried to guess where they might be going, but he was suddenly yanked out of his thoughts by a new tune. 

He gasped when the lyrics started. He felt Jungkook pull him closer to his chest and hold him tighter. He felt his tears wet the blindfold as he listened to the sweet voice of his boyfriend and the wonderful lyrics that he wrote for him. 

He smiled as Jungkook sang "Take my hands now, you are the cause of my euphoria~......Close the door now, when I'm with you, I'm in Utopia~" 

He was soo immersed in the song that he didn't notice that Jungkook wasn't walking anymore. He didn't notice that he was sitting on Jungkook's lap and that the younger was holding him tightly. He didn't notice that his legs were on someone else's lap. He didn't notice that his tears ran past the blindfold until he felt Jungkook brush them gently and place a kiss on his lips. 

He wanted to respond, but he also wanted to concentrate on the song. Jungkook pulled off and Taehyung assumed that he might have understood his dilemma. He couldn't stop grinning as Jungkook sang the part where 'Euphoria~' went up and melody added to it. 

To say he was mesmerized would be an understatement. He felt as if his heart would burst out of his chest any moment soon. 

He felt as if his heart was screaming Jungkook's name instead of pumping his blood. He couldn't explain the feeling. He didn't think he could fall anymore deeper for Jungkook, but he realized that he fell 1584 times deeper. 

He stiffened as Jungkook picked him up from his lap and moved a bit before setting him on his feet. He felt his boyfriend's gentle fingers pry the headphone away from his ears. He could feel that Jungkook was standing right in front of him. 

Jungkook puts his arms around Taehyung as he removed the blindfold. Taehyung blinked a bit to adjust to the light before rubbing his eyes and leaning into Jungkook's shoulders. 

He noticed that Namjoon and Yoongi were present as well, but he was too overwhelmed by the song to acknowledge them. 

"I love you, Kim Taehyung. I love you soo fucking much. Happy Birthday, love" Jungkook whispered.