36. His recovery

Yoongi was in the middle of a consultation when his phone rang obnoxiously. 'He must be bored again' he thought as he cut the call and turned back to his patient. "So you must be car-" his phone rang again before he could even finish his sentence. 

He frowned and cut the call again. This was almost regular for him. Namjoon kept calling him when he got too bored. So he didn't think twice before cutting the call for the third time in a row.

"So as I was sayi-" it rang again. 

"What?" he barked into the phone.
".....hyung....." Yoongi froze. The phone fell out of his hand as he grew roots in his place, his mind going blank. 

"Hyung...hyung.....Yoongi hyung" he could hear the faint voice of Taehyung, who kept calling for him repeatedly. He quickly scrambled to pick his phone up and pressed it back to his ear. 

"Tae...." his voice broke as tears made their way out. "Hyung.....where are you?" he could hear him cry on the other side. "You wait, baby. I'm coming, okay? I'm coming" he said and hung up. 

He immediately finished his consultation and ran out to check if there were any other patients. Thankfully, there were none yet. He rushed to hang the 'closed' sign on the door before he locked the clinic and practically ran back home. 

"Tae! Ohh my god, Tae!!" he yelled as burst through the door, scaring the poor couple on the bed. He ran to the bed and got on the other side of Taehyung before engulfing him in a huge bear hug and starting to sob really hard.

Namjoon joined in on the hug, patting the two of them and comforting them while crying himself out. 

"I missed you! I missed you so much, ohh my god, I missed you" Yoongi kept mumbling. He suddenly got up and ran to the fridge. "Where did he go?" Taehyung asked. "Gawd knows" Namjoon shrugged and pulled him back into his arms. 

Yoongi returned with three big bowls of ice cream. "Here! Something that I've been dying to feed you" he said, handing them two bowls. 

Out of habit, Taehyung reached out to grab the spoon with his left hand, but no matter how much he tried, he couldn't grab on to the spoon. The maximum he could do was place his hand on it, but nothing more than that. 

He kept trying again and again, and kept failing again and again. He looked up and saw Namjoon and Yoongi staring at his hand with tears running down their faces. 

Yoongi immediately placed his bowl aside and took the bowl from Taehyung. "Here, say ah!" he said, feeding him a big spoon, hoping he would get distracted for a moment. And he did.

The atmosphere was a bit awkward. They did not know what to talk about. They couldn't just talk about how pleasant the weather was, and it became too weird too soon. 

"Do you wanna watch a movie, Tae?" Yoongi asked. "Sure" Taehyung said, trying to get off the bed. 

"Woah!! Calm your tits, Hyena! I'll bring the laptop here. You literally woke up just now! You can't get up and walk around as if nothing ever happened" Yoongi said, getting up from the bed with the three bowls and walking out of the room. 

"You guys select a movie. I'll call Hyungsik and be right back" Yoongi said, placing the laptop on the bed, knowing that Taehyung didn't know who it was. 

"Who's that?" Taehyung asked, placing his head on Namjoon's shoulder. "My library friend" Yoongi said before he walked out and called the doctor.

"Hey" 
"Hey"
"What's up?" Hyungsik asked.

"Taehyung responded. Like almost an hour or so ago, I guess. He is all fine now, I think" Yoongi said. "Oh my god, I am so happy! Congratulations, Yoongi! I am really very happy! How are his reactions?" Hyungsik asked.