41. Too risky

A few months passed by. It was a week before Taehyung's birthday and a day before Christmas eve when Jungkook finally gathered up enough courage to approach Yoongi for something that he had been planning for quite a while.

They had been dating for almost four months now and have liked each other for half a year. There were many instances when Jungkook wanted to just squish the life out of Taehyung and tell him how much he loved him. 

The two of them couldn't fall more in love with each other. But Jungkook wanted the moment to be special. 

He wanted it to be very special and he already had something in his mind for that. He just needed a bit of help from Yoongi, but he didn't have the courage to ask him. Because it was too risky.

He and Namjoon had become quite close, which was how he came to know that Yoongi used to produce songs in his high school and college days. Jungkook used to sing in his school and college days. 

He walked into the clinic with two cups of milkshake. They had just got off work and it was Yoongi's shift in the clinic. 

'What better place than the clinic?'  he thought as he gave one of the cups to Yoongi and sat on a chair in the corner of the room. There weren't many consultations that day. 

"So what's it? Namjoon told me you wanted some help in producing a song" Yoongi said as he put his cup down. "Yeah. I have the lyrics with me and I even have a tune in mind. I need help with the BGM and all" Jungkook said. 

"For what, though?" Yoongi asked. "I have something in mind. Taehyung's birthday is coming, right? I wanna do something for him" Jungkook said. "What are you gonna do?" Yoongi couldn't understand what exactly Jungkook had in his mind. 

Yoongi became paler and paler with each passing second as Jungkook explained his plan. "No. Don't even think about it. That's it. No other words. You are not doing it. I am not gonna help you" Yoongi said sternly. 

"Please, hyung. Let me try. He won't know a single thing. I will make sure of that. We can stop it immediately if something goes wrong, right?" Jungkook reasoned.

"Are you out of your mind, Jungkook? Are you trying to kill him? This is such a big risk! I am not willing to take it" Yoongi said. Jungkook could swear he could see smoke coming out of Yoongi's ears. 

"I know that it is a risk, hyung. That's why I am saying that you and Namjoon hyung are gonna be with me the whole time. Please, hyung. Let's try. We can really stop it the second it goes wrong. Please" Jungkook pleaded. 

He knew that his plan was a highly risky one and that he could even cost his boyfriend his life. He knew that it would be very hard to convince Yoongi and Namjoon to accept it. He also knew that there was no way he could do it without their permission. 

But he wanted to try. Unless they took a step forward, Taehyung might live in his trauma forever. As he had promised to himself, he was going to help his boyfriend no matter what it took. Even if that meant trying risky stuff.

"Did you tell Namjoon about this?" Yoongi asked. "No. I was hoping that you would explain it to him" Jungkook said. 

"How the hell?! I am completely against this, Jungkook! We worked really very hard for three years to get him to this position. One wrong move in your plan, and everything might come down crashing. We might have to start from zero again. I am really not willing to take that risk" Yoongi said as he pulled his phone out and called Namjoon.

"Hello?"
"Joon, get your ass to the clinic asap" 
"I am with Tae right now"
"Fuck!"
"Did something happen?"
"Jungkook is trying to kill Tae" Yoongi deadpanned. 

"WHATTT?!?!"
"Figuratively. Get your ass here somehow, and I will explain everything" 
"Okay, wait" Namjoon said and hung up.

In the meantime, Yoongi kept staring Jungkook down, who tried his best to make himself appear as small as possible. 

"What's happening?" Namjoon asked as he sat on another chair in the room and scowled at Jungkook. "Tell him what you told me" Yoongi said. Jungkook explained everything, hoping that at least Namjoon would understand his good intentions behind his plan.

But unfortunately, Namjoon seemed more angry than Yoongi. "Why did you even call me here? No, Jungkook. I don't know why you even thought that this would work. Even if Yoongi allows, I won't. Don't even think about it" Namjoon said with finality and got up from his chair.

"Hyung! Hyung, please! Just think about it once. You both are gonna be there, right? Even if he so much as starts breathing hard, I will stop it immediately. Please, hyung" Jungkook hurriedly held Namjoon's arm and begged him with wide doe eyes that shone with unshed tears. 

Jungkook had a tiny hope that if Namjoon listened to his plan, he might be able to convince them easily. But Namjoon seemed to be more determined than Yoongi.

"Jungkook, you do realize that this is just too much, right? Do you have any idea how hard it was for him to come to this position? Do you know how much effort it took for him to be smiling like this right now as if there is nothing troubling him in his life? 

Do you know that the second he realizes what's happening, his poor heart is gonna fail? What you have seen that night the first time you came to our house is nothing compared to what will happen if he realizes what you are doing, Jungkook. Please try to understand" Namjoon said. 

"I know, hyung. I will make sure he won't realize what's happening. I will make damn sure of it. Please, hyung" Jungkook begged again. 

Namjoon looked at Yoongi, silently asking him what to do. Yoongi subtly shook his head and looked at Jungkook. 

"Give us some time to think about it. We will let you know by tomorrow evening, okay?" Yoongi said. "Okay. Thank you soo much, hyung" Jungkook said and was just about to walk out when Namjoon stopped him. 

"Do you guys have any plans for Christmas?" Namjoon asked. ".....umm......" Jungkook looked down sadly. 

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asked. "Hobi and Jimin are going to their parents' houses. I'm gonna be alone" Jungkook said, fiddling with the strip of his bag that was slung over his shoulder.

"What about your parents?" Namjoon asked. 

"They disowned me two years ago for being gay. They didn't contact me again and I couldn't go back to their house. And no one knows what happened to my brother after he ran away from the house at the age of eighteen" he said, pouting sadly. 

"Come to our house. Yoongi, Tae, you and I can celebrate Christmas together" Namjoon said, patting Jungkook's shoulder comfortingly. "Aren't you going to your parents' houses?" Jungkook asked. 

"Yoongi's parents are douche bags as well and I lost my parents at a young age. I am their only child, so I don't have siblings either. Don't worry, Jungkook. Just pack your stuff and come and stay with us for the week. Enjoy the vacation" Namjoon said and Yoongi tried convincing him as well. 

"Okay. Thank you, hyung" Jungkook said. "Go, then. Go and pack your stuff and come before it gets late. I'll cook dinner for you too" Namjoon said and walked out along with him before they parted along their ways.