48. Letter from his dad

"Woah! I am feeling strangely tensed" Namjoon said as he held the cutter in his hand. "Give it to me, then" Yoongi said, taking the cutter from Namjoon and opening the package. There was a laptop and a letter in it. They gave each other confused looks.

"Laptop?" Yoongi asked. "Let's charge it and read the letter first" Jungkook suggested. "Yeah, better" Namjoon said and stood up to get his own charger. Luckily, the charger pin fit in and the laptop started charging. 

They opened the letter anxiously. It was quite a long one, addressed to both Jin and Taehyung. 

Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok waited as Yoongi and Namjoon read it first. They saw their eyes go wide in the starting until gradually, their faces lost all the blood. As if in a trance, they passed the letter to Jungkook. The three of them straightened it out and started reading it together. 

Dear Jin and Tae,

I don't know how or where to start, but the least I can do is to apologize for my sins against the two of you even though I know that they are not forgivable deeds. 

I don't expect you to forgive me either, because there are a few more things about me that you don't know yet. You will surely not forgive me after knowing that. Hell, even I don't forgive myself for it. But still, I am extremely sorry for leaving you guys alone at such a young age.

As you know, after your mother passed away, I became so depressed that I was drawn towards drugs. I met a young lad in the drug world, who had run away from his house a couple of months before meeting me. 

He ran away when he was eighteen years old because he couldn't bear the looks that his parents kept giving him after he entered the drug world. He was completely into it and was very strong and became very close to me in spite of the age difference. 

Before I knew it, I was dragged into the mafia world, and became quite close to the boss. A year after that, I was soo into it that it became a burden for me to keep fetching for you guys and thus left you alone and went to dedicate my life completely to them. 

It went alright for a few years and my 'friend' and I discovered that we were good at murdering people without leaving any trace. The boss was very impressed with us and started giving us more tasks. 

It was all good until two and a half years ago when my 'friend' and the boss had a misunderstanding and my 'friend' ended up killing the boss in the most cruel way possible and carved a random name that popped into his mind on his chest. Seo Dae Shin.

From then, he decided to carry on as a professional assassin and I obviously agreed to help him because we were friends. We were in it together and I was the only one who knew that he was Seo Dae Shin. No one else did. No one else even knew who actually killed the boss. 

I was somehow satisfied with what I was doing for the last couple of years, but for the past few months, I have been feeling sharp regret for everything that I have done. 

I am sorry for not acting on it sooner, but it's better late than never, right? I tried telling this to him, but he was soo deep into it that he threw me a deaf ear the second he realized where I was going. 

I have done enough harm to the country. I don't want to do this anymore, kids. Tomorrow, I am going to turn myself in and confess my deeds along with his identity. But I have a feeling that he might have set people to watch over me after the small argument that we had the other day regarding this business. 

In case everything goes well and fine, and I manage to turn myself in, you guys don't have to ever get involved in it. The case will be done. But if not, here is the evidence as to who he is. This letter will reach you a year after today. That is how I am going to arrange for it. 

If I die, your uncle will receive this package with a letter for himself that tells him to send this to you guys a year after my death. If I don't die, then nothing happens except for me and him being thrown into jail. 

I do hope that this letter doesn't have to reach you, but if it does, I request you to take action because it is for the sake of the country. In the package, there is a laptop. I have connected a camera to the software in it. You know how advanced the technology is, right? 

Tomorrow, before I turn myself in, I am going to put an eye-lens camera on me. It is a completely advanced technology that has a camera in a contact lens and is impossible to detect. I have already connected the camera to the laptop. The second I switch on the camera, everything that it records automatically gets recorded and saved in the laptop.

Once I switch it on, there is no going back. I can switch it off only after I get thrown in the jail, when there is no one watching me. Or it gets automatically switched off if I die and someone cremates or buries me. Anyways, I can't switch it off in the middle because it will be too risky. So no matter what happens from tomorrow, it will get recorded. 

There is a camera software in the C-Drive. You will find it easily. Open it and watch the video and act accordingly. Please. 

Also, the name of that lad was Jeon Jinho. 

-Your shameless dad

Jimin and Hoseok sat and stared at the letter with their mouths agape while Jungkook got up in a trance. He couldn't think. No matter how much he forced his brain, he couldn't get it to start the gears. 

Jeon Jinho......

He walked towards the laptop and opened the C-Drive, grateful that the laptop was still working. The others joined him soon. They found the video that Taehyung's father told them about. It was almost 12 hours long. Jungkook started playing it without wasting a second. 

Namjoon paused the video immediately and went in to inject Taehyung with another dose of sedative. "So that he doesn't wake up early" he mumbled as he came back and resumed it.

It began with them looking at the Police Station. The arch came closer and closer and there was suddenly a scuffling noise and a handkerchief came into view before everything went black. The video remained that way for the next half an hour. 

They were suddenly in a minivan and they could hear muffled sounds coming out of it. There were two other men, clad from head to toe in black. One of them was driving while the other was staring right into the camera (Sihyuk's eyes).

They watched the video with horror. Yoongi and Namjoon started crying soon and by the end of the video, all the five of them were a sobbing mess. 

They were gasping throughout the video and sobbing their hearts out. They were desperate. They wanted to throw the laptop to the wall and watch it shatter into millions of pieces, but they knew they couldn't do it. 

They finally knew the kind of horror that Taehyung had gone through. Three hours of utterly terrible horror. 

'Hats off to Taehyung for smiling as if nothing happened. If I were in his place, I would have surely gone mad and would have been in a mental hospital right now. Seriously, hats off' was the only thought that ran in their mind. 

One thing was clear. Taehyung's father had no idea that Seo Dae Shin was going to involve his children as well. But apparently, like he said, no matter what happened, he couldn't switch off the camera. He had to record it even if it was recording the death of him and his own children

Jungkook stood up and tried to fight the bile rising up his throat. He ran to the bathroom and fell on all fours in front of the toilet and threw up all the contents of his stomach. He collapsed on the floor and sobbed as the voice of that man kept ringing in his ears. 

The voice of the man in black......the voice of Jeon Jinho.......

He got up and flushed the toilet before cleaning himself and walking out. The others were still sobbing. "I'll go home and bring my stuff here so that we can start unpacking" he said and walked out of the house without waiting for any of them to reply.