40. Doubts

"Whoa! Why are you here again?" Jungkook asked as he entered Taehyung's house and found Jimin talking to Yoongi and Namjoon on the couch. 

"Yah! Are you the only one with a boyfriend? I have a boyfriend too and he lives here too and he called me to spend the night together too!!" Jimin yelled at him. 

"Woah, woah, calm down! So where's Hobi?" Jungkook asked. "He found a girl in that club, apparently. It seems they are spending the day and possibly the night together" Jimin said, smirking at the thought of their best friend finally getting a girl for himself.

"Wow! That's good! So what were you guys doing?" Taehyung asked, flopping down on the floor in front of the couch. "We were thinking of playing something. Shall we play cards?" Yoongi asked. 

"I'll change my clothes and be right back" Jungkook said and went to the washroom. He wore the same clothes that he wore the before night. "I'll change too" Taehyung said and went to their bedroom. He came back with a loose T-shirt and shorts.

Jungkook wondered how Taehyung would manage to play cards. But where there is a will, there is a way, right? The other four sat on the floor while Taehyung sat on the couch, spreading his cards beside him. 

To give him a fair play, the others didn't even tilt their heads towards his side so that he didn't have to worry about them looking at his cards. He threw the cards down from there. That was how he managed to play it without having to hold anything. 

They played for an hour and a half before Namjoon got up to cook dinner. "I'll help hyung. You guys continue playing" Jungkook got up and followed him into the kitchen. 

"So it's me and you again, huh?" Namjoon remarked as he got out a few utensils and ingredients. "Hehe, yeah" Jungkook grinned and took the vegetable tray and knife that Namjoon passed him. 

"Don't murder the onions this time" he said and placed the vegetables next to the tray. Jungkook chuckled and started peeling the onions.

"Hyung! Did you guys tell everything to Seojoon hyung? I mean, you said you didn't tell him until now because you didn't ask Tae for his permission, right?" Jungkook asked. 

"I already did. Right after Tae said yes. I mean, two days after that, he came for his mother's appointment. I told him at that time. Of all the people, he has the right to know what happened. Cause he spent almost two years consoling and supporting us selflessly even when he didn't know what the problem was" Namjoon said.

"Hundred percent true" Jungkook hummed. "So, is it okay if Tae and I sleep together tonight? I mean, he won't freak out in the middle of the night, will he? We are just gonna sleep, you know? Nothing else" he asked. 

"Chill! You don't have to explain yourself to me. It concerns the two of you. We don't care even if you guys do something else. Also, it's okay because we give him sleeping pills. He won't wake up till the morning. He gets night terrors only when we forget to give him the pills" Namjoon explained.

"Ohh! Do you think you might ever see the night when he sleeps peacefully without the drugs?" Jungkook asked. "I really hope that day comes, but I don't think it will be any time soon. He has definitely gone through too much shit to last him for another ten lifetimes" Namjoon said.

Jungkook hummed and continued cutting the vegetables. They cooked in silence for a while before another doubt popped up in Jungkook's little brain.

"What about your military, hyung? Did you guys do it?" he asked. "Yeah! All except Tae. Yoongi and I did early military together. Jin went after us. Actually, it had been a month since he was discharged from the military before it happened" Namjoon said, his voice breaking at the end. 

"What about Tae? When will he go? It will be dangerous, right?" Jungkook asked. "He got exempted. The doctor testified how serious his condition was. His heart isn't strong anymore, either. So they exempted him" Namjoon said. 

Jungkook hummed and leaned against the counter as Namjoon handled the dishes on the stove. 

"It'll be fine, hyung! It will take time. It definitely will take a lot of time and hard work, but it will be fine. He must be suffering thousand times more than us. We are just helping him by taking a bit of his pain, aren't we?" Jungkook asked. 

Namjoon smiled proudly and put the spatula down. He patted Jungkook's back. "I'm proud that you think that way. You really have no idea how proud I am" he said. 

Jungkook smiled at him. He was starting to admire Namjoon and his personality. He was starting to admire his soothing, warm presence. 

He felt like a kid seeking warmth from his older brother when he was around Namjoon. Even though it had only been a week since they met, he felt very comfortable around him. Without himself knowing about it, he was starting to look up to him. 

Namjoon slept on the couch while Jungkook and Taehyung slept in the bedroom so that Taehyung would at least have the familiar bed under him. Yoongi and Jimin slept in the guest bedroom. 

Jungkook cuddled Taehyung even though Taehyung was completely under the influence of the drugs and in no position to cuddle him back. He decided to spoon him, providing as much warmth as possible. 

'It will be fine, Tae. Everything will be fine' he thought as he slowly fell asleep.