42. Christmas chaos

"MERRY CHRISTMAS" Yoongi yelled as he tried to wake up the other three soundly sleeping rocks. Jungkook and Taehyung slept in the bedroom so that Taehyung could sleep on a familiar bed while Namjoon and Yoongi slept in the guest room. 

Namjoon and Jungkook got up after a while, but Taehyung kept sleeping through all the noise. "Jungkook, wake him up. It is always hard to wake him up because of the drugs" Namjoon said as he walked into the washroom to brush his teeth. 

"Taehyung! Wake up! If you don't wake up, I will punish you!" (Does it ring a bell?) Jungkook said, but Taehyung didn't even move a limb. Jungkook spent the next fifteen minutes trying different methods to wake him up. 

'Is this how Jimin and Hobi feel when they try to wake me up?' he thought as he walked out of the room and asked Yoongi what to do. "Leave it. Let him wake up on his own. You go and freshen up" Yoongi said. 

"Taehyung-ah! Your gifts are ready! Come on, wake up. It's Christmas" Namjoon said as he walked into the bedroom after an hour. But again, he didn't receive any response. 

"Why is it soo hard today? It is hard, but not this hard, right?" Namjoon asked as he flopped back onto the couch. 

"You mean waking him up?" Jungkook asked. "Yeah. It is hard to wake him up. I accept, but it is way past his regular time. He normally wakes up on his own by this time. It isn't this hard" Namjoon said. 

 "Why, though? I remember putting only one tablet in the juice" Yoongi said, trying to remember if he gave two by mistake. "You what?!?!?" Namjoon yelled. "What?" Yoongi asked defensively. "What do you mean, what? Why did you put it in the juice?!" Namjoon asked. 

"You asked me to give it to him, right? I thought you didn't put it already because the bottle was in the shelf, and not next to the glass" Yoongi defended. "I did, you idiot!! For once I thought I would impress you by putting things back in their places!!" Namjoon exclaimed. 

"Wait, wait, hold on! So does that mean Taehyung had two pills yesterday?" Jungkook asked. "Yeah" Namjoon and Yoongi said, looking at each other worriedly. "Two isn't dangerous, right? He'll wake up later than usual, right? Why are you freaking out for that?" Jungkook asked. 

"I dunno. I just don't want anything to go wrong. When a person has a weak heart, you don't know. Any small thing can cause a big effect. You always need to be very careful with such people" Yoongi explained. 

Jungkook ran to the bedroom and sat on the bed cross-legged, facing Taehyung. He took one of his hands and held it with both of his hands and rocked back and forth, praying for everything to be alright. 

He didn't even notice the time pass. He was worried sick about Taehyung while Namjoon and Yoongi just smirked to each other and continued cooking. 

They knew that they had spun utter bullshit. They did put two tablets, but they did it on purpose so that Taehyung could get more sleep. They just wanted to see how committed Jungkook actually was before agreeing to his plan. 

Taehyung woke up after an hour or so, looking perfectly fine. "You alright? No problem, right? How many fingers are these?" Jungkook asked, waving three fingers right in front of Taehyung's face. 

He waved them so close to his face that Taehyung had to go cross-eyed to actually see how many fingers Jungkook had held up. But as he was too sleepy to count, he simply closed his eyes and went back to sleep. 

But poor Jungkook misunderstood everything and ran to the kitchen yelling on the top of his voice that Taehyung had fainted. Jungkook skidded to a stop in front of Namjoon and Yoongi, who were struggling hard to keep their faces straight. 

"Tae! Hyung! He! Cross-eyes! He fainted" Jungkook panted out of anxiety and worry. Namjoon secretly cooed at those adorable doe eyes that were as big as saucers right now. "Why are you yelling? Who fainted?" a thick, deep voice asked behind him, startling the soul out of him.

Jungkook screamed and turned back, placing a hand on his chest to calm his heart, which was threatening to jump out of his mouth. 

"How are you here?" he asked, still panting from the scare that his boyfriend had given him. "Huh?" Taehyung asked. He couldn't understand why Jungkook was behaving as if he had seen a ghost.

That was when Yoongi and Namjoon finally lost it. They forgot about the potatoes on the stove as they threw the spatulas aside and rolled on the floor, clutching their stomachs as they laughed. Jungkook and Taehyung frowned at them and looked at each other.

"They went mad, right?" Jungkook's eyebrows arched upwards with worry. "I think so" Taehyung's eyebrows pulled in a frown as he nodded. "Now what? Should we knock some sense into them?" Jungkook's eyebrows jumped up and down. "Nah! It's Christmas! Let's join them" Taehyung's eyebrows did a mischievous dance as he smirked and joined the other two on the floor and started tickling them. 

Jungkook stood there for a second, laughing at how he and Taehyung held a whole conversation with their eyes just now. He switched off the stove and put the pans away so that they wouldn't hurt themselves while fooling around, and joined the other three in the fun. 

They soon turned the kitchen into a mess as they threw flour and ketchup at each other. Yoongi spilled milk all over the counter by mistake as he tried to escape from Jungkook, who was after him with an egg in his hand. Namjoon and Taehyung were busy decorating each other's faces with different items. 

"Ta-da!!" Taehyung exclaimed as he topped Namjoon with a cooking bowl on top of his head and ran away from him. "I am not done with you, you brat! Come back!!" Namjoon yelled as he ran behind Taehyung with a bowl on his head and a pan in his hand. 

Jungkook took his phone out and captured the scene as Namjoon finally caught hold of Taehyung, who had tried to squeeze himself into the small compartment under the sink. 

They spent the next two hours trying to clean up the mess in the kitchen and on themselves. 

Namjoon and Taehyung heaved a heavy sigh as they flopped onto the couch after showering and cleaning themselves completely. 

"I am not in the mood to cook anymore. Let's order takeout" Namjoon said. "It's Christmas!" Taehyung exclaimed. "Ahh, no problem! We are special people" Yoongi said as he took his phone out to place the order. 

*****************************

If that "Taehyung! Wake up! If you don't wake up, I will punish you!" doesn't ring a bell, watch this video asap. It is really very funny.