10. Got up late

"Tae! Do you wanna hang out with us tomorrow?" Jimin asked as they packed their bags. As usual, Taehyung was in a rush to get out of the office, but Jimin stopped him as he wanted to hang out with him and get to know more about him.

"At what time are you guys gonna meet?" Taehyung asked. "Afternoon. Is that fine?" Hoseok asked. Jungkook simply stared at them with expectant eyes, hoping Taehyung would accept. 

"Yeah. What are you gonna do?" Taehyung asked. "We'll decide that tomorrow! Just come to this place at 11" Jimin said as he wrote Jungkook's address on a small piece of paper. 

"Whose address is this?" Taehyung asked. "Jungkook's address. You both can come and pick us up" Jimin said. "Ohh, okay. See you tomorrow!" Taehyung said and ran out of the office. 

"You....my house....him.....can't.......believe" Jungkook mumbled in a daze. "Yeah, we get it! You love him! Now shut up and get up" Jimin said, kicking his chair.

Jungkook spent the whole night thinking about how he was going to spend time around Taehyung. 

That was the first time they were going to meet outside the office and Jungkook was super nervous even though he was not yet ready to accept that he had a crush on Taehyung.

He spent the whole night tossing and turning around, abruptly getting up in the middle of the night to decide his outfit. Some time around the dawn, he finally fell asleep. 

Jungkook woke up to a shrill sound cutting through his flat. "....ook-ssi?" he heard, but didn't actually register the fact that Taehyung was ringing the door bell and calling his name out over and over again. 

But he let out a huge gasp the second he realized that Taehyung was outside his door and was waiting for him to open it. 

Needless to say, Jungkook panicked. He jumped out of the bed and ran straight into the door, banging his head super hard. "Oww" he groaned as he stumbled back and rubbed his forehead. "Jungkook-ssi? Are you there?" Taehyung called out again, ringing the doorbell. 

Jungkook ran to the door, this time being careful not to run into anything else. "Taehyung!! I am so sorry! I didn't know the time! Give me ten minutes, I'll be right back" Jungkook said, dragging Taehyung inside and pushing him onto the couch. 

He ran into his room, brushed his teeth and washed his face in a frenzy. In the same frenzy, he put his clothes on, silently thanking himself for choosing the outfit beforehand. 

He put on loads of perfume and fixed his hair and ran out. "I'm really sorry, Taehyung" he apologized again, grabbing his car keys. "It's okay, Jungkook-ssi" Taehyung smiled at him and got up.

Jungkook locked his flat and the two of them got into the elevator. "Aren't you gonna eat anything?" Taehyung asked. "It's okay! I'll eat something on the way" Jungkook said. 

Taehyung looked at the number displayed on the top of the elevator door and suddenly realized that they were going to the basement. 

"Jungkook-ssi! I parked my bike outside" he said. "Ohh! That's okay! It will be safe. We'll go in my car. We need to pick up the other two as well" Jungkook said. 

"Uhh, I can't leave my bike like that. You carry on in your car. I'll follow you guys on my bike" Taehyung said. "It's okay. We can inform the security on our way. They will take care of it. Or you can park it here after I remove the car" Jungkook said. 

"N-No, that's not it. I r-really can't leave it here. You please take your car. I-I will follow you guys" Taehyung said. Jungkook looked carefully and realized that Taehyung's face was losing colour. He looked down and noticed a slight tremble in his fingers. 

"How about this? You and I! We can go on your bike. They can come on their bikes" Jungkook suggested. "Perfect" Taehyung said and gestured to Jungkook to lead the way out of the basement. 

Taehyung handed Jungkook his helmet and put on his own helmet. "What's the address?" he asked. "Go to the main road. I will show you the directions after that" Jungkook said. "Okaiie" he said and got on, gesturing Jungkook to climb behind him. "Hold tight!" Taehyung exclaimed and took off.

Jungkook was in the middle of showing him the directions to Jimin and Hoseok's apartment when he suddenly remembered that Taehyung had sprained his hand. 

'How is he gonna drive with a sprained hand??' he thought and looked at Taehyung's right hand that was comfortably lying on the handle. It didn't look like he was in pain. It seemed perfect. 

He glanced towards his left hand. Even though he wasn't actually holding the left handle, his left hand was loosely placed on the handle and break, emitting an extremely cool vibe. Jungkook watched as Taehyung comfortably shifted the gears with his right hand. 

'It really doesn't look like he sprained his hand or something! So why did he write as if he recently started learning how to hold a pen? Wait a second! Is he from a village or something? Was he an illiterate or something until now? Ughhhh, what's goin-'

"......ook-ssi? Jungkook-ssi?! Jungkook-ssi!!!" Jungkook was suddenly pulled out of his train of thoughts. He looked around and realized that Taehyung wasn't driving anymore. The bike was parked on the side of the road and Taehyung was balancing it by placing his leg on the footpath. 

"Is something wrong?" Jungkook asked. "I was gonna ask you the same thing. Is something wrong?" Taehyung asked. "Nah! Nothing! Why did you stop driving?" Jungkook asked. "Because you stopped giving directions. I didn't know where to go and you weren't responding" Taehyung said. 

"Right! Sorry! It's right there. I'll call them and tell them to get their bikes" Jungkook said, pointing to a building on the far end of the road and pulling his phone out. 

Jimin sat behind Hoseok and Jungkook sat behind Taehyung and soon, they were on their way to the Games Club.