32. That faint heartbeat

"Send the location! I'm on my way" Yoongi said and was almost about to hang up.
"Sir!!"
"What?"
"There are orange drawing pins on their foreheads....."
"....."
"I'll wait here. Please come fast, sir" the man said. 

Yoongi hung up without replying to him. His mind had completely stopped working. He stayed rooted to the place as his mind tried to process what he just heard. 

Orange drawing pins?......... That means....... Seo Dae Shin??? Why them? He only kills people with major reputation and all, right? 

He suddenly realized that he was wasting time thinking about it when he should have been rushing to the location. He felt his phone vibrate and checked it. The man had sent a live location. 

He burst into the clinic, causing many of the people to flinch, and immediately hung up the 'closed' sign on the door. He turned towards the patients waiting for their appointments. 

"We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience, but a really very urgent emergency has come up. We are very sorry, but please leave immediately. The clinic will stay closed for a week" he said. 

Some of them tried to ask him what was wrong, but he snapped and yelled at them to leave immediately. 

"What's wrong? What's happening?" Namjoon asked as he came out of the room to see what the commotion was about. 

"Yah! You remove your coat immediately and follow me! Don't ask any questions! Just follow me" he said, pushing his hair back with both of his hands and looking towards the back of the room with frantic eyes, trying to organize his thoughts a bit. 

"Wha-" "HURRY THE FUCK UP!!" he yelled, running towards the drawer and taking Namjoon's bag out. 

Namjoon flinched at the sudden outburst and removed his coat immediately and followed Yoongi, who had already run out of the clinic and had thrown the bag on the backseat. He locked the clinic and got into the car. 

Yoongi didn't wait a second before he raced to the location that was shared to him. Thankfully, he recognized the location and thus didn't require  the GPS. 

"Yoongs, what's wrong? You are scaring me!" Namjoon said, trying to get Yoongi's attention. Yoongi didn't reply. He simply increased the speed. 

"SLOW THE FUCK DOWN" Namjoon swore at the speed. "Not the time to slow down! Listen to the latest call between me and Jin" Yoongi said, handing him his phone.

"Earlier, when I was in the library, Jin called me to tell me that he was going out for a walk wi-" "Yeah, I know! He came to give me the house keys. Did something happen to them? DID THEY MEET WITH AN ACCIDENT OR SOMETHING??" Namjoon yelled, hitting the dashboard. 

"T-They......." Yoongi looked at Namjoon for a second before looking back at the road and biting his lips out of desperation. "They what, Yoongs??! Please! You are seriously scaring me!" Namjoon exclaimed. 

"Just listen to that call" Yoongi's voice broke, sending shivers down Namjoon's spine. He noticed the unshed tears that were shining in Yoongi's eyes, threatening to break out at any moment. 

Namjoon's face grew paler and paler as he listened to the call. His blood completely drained down as he heard the last words. 

"Yoongs, what the hell? What the hell is this call, Yoongi?? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???" Namjoon yelled. 

"I don't know, I don't know, I'm scared, Joon! I'm so scared! Jin would never joke about something like this. I'm sure. He may involve himself, but never in his dreams would he joke about Tae dying" he said and his dam finally broke out as tears started running down his face. 

Namjoon's brain completely stopped. For a second, he literally couldn't remember what he was in the car for. "Did that person call for an ambulance?" he asked, voicing the first thought that penetrated his mind once his gears started working again. 

"I dunno. Call him and ask him to call for an ambulance and tell him that we are on the way" Yoongi said. Namjoon did as he was told. 

"I already did, sir! It is a critical emergency, so they are sending one for each of them so that they can work on them in the ambulance itself" the man said. 

"B-But drawing pins on their foreheads??" Namjoon asked Yoongi after hanging up. 

"That's what I'm not understanding, Joon! As far as we know, Seo Dae Shin is someone who goes after the big people, right? Why them?" Yoongi murmured towards the end. 

"Uggghhhhh" Namjoon groaned, pushing his hair back and kicking the dashboard out of desperation and anxiety.

They reached the place just before the ambulances arrived. Namjoon got out of the car and ran towards the bodies that were slumped against a tree before Yoongi could properly stop the car. 

"Jin!! Tae! Ohh my god! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS??" Yoongi yelled as he ran towards them and sat down, checking their pulse.

He vaguely recognized the third man as their father who left them years ago. Namjoon, who had run to the car to get the stethoscope that was in his bag, ran back and knelt beside Yoongi. 

Tears ran down his face as he checked for a heart beat, knowing that it was hopeless as they could clearly see the gun shot wounds right above their hearts. 

Namjoon suddenly gasped as he checked Taehyung's pulse. "What?" Yoongi asked. "It's there! It's extremely weak, but it's definitely there" Namjoon said, passing the stethoscope to Yoongi so that he could hear it for himself and lifted Taehyung's shirt up to inspect his wound. 

"What about Jin and their father?" Yoongi asked. Namjoon sniffed as he shook his head. More tears ran down their faces as the ambulances arrived and took them in, one in each vehicle. 

"He is still alive! Please save him! PLEASE SAVE HIM!!" Yoongi yelled as they wheeled Taehyung away. 

"Excuse me?" a man suddenly called. Yoongi turned back and frowned at the man, silently asking who he was. 

"Sorry, sir. I am the one who called you. I don't have any other work tonight and I can help you. You guys go in the ambulance if you want to. I'll drive your car to the hospital and give the keys to the security" the man said. 

Yoongi had no time to think if he could trust the guy. He simply threw the keys at the man and thanked him before getting into the ambulance that Taehyung was in. Namjoon had already got into the one that Jin was in, holding his hand and praying for some miracle to happen. 

The paramedics put an oxygen mask on Taehyung and attached him to different machines. His pulse was almost next to nothing, but Yoongi held on to the hope that the younger would fight.

"Tae! You have to stay alive! You have to fight, Tae! Please fight! No matter how hard it gets, just fight! Please! We will be right by your side and provide you all the support that you need to fight, so don't give up, okay? Fight as hard as you can, baby! Please don't ever give up" he mumbled as he held Taehyung's right hand with both of his hands and sobbed. 

They got down and watched as the paramedics wheeled the three members away right after they got to the hospital. They watched as they wheeled Jin and his father straight towards the morgue and Taehyung towards the emergency room. 

That was when they collapsed. A lot happened within an hour and they were sure they would lose their minds soon.

They didn't care that they were practically sitting down on the hospital floor. They didn't care if they were blocking the corridor.

In that moment, all they cared about was the fact that one of people that they loved very dearly was dead and the other one was fighting for his life. Or so they thought. 

They hoped he would fight. They silently vowed to themselves that they would provide him all the support he needed as long as he fought.

It was in that moment that they let go of their dignity and sobbed on the hospital floor, clutching each other for support and hoping that at least Taehyung would survive.