49. To be continued...

Three months later.......

Jungkook took a deep breath and patted his chest to calm his nerves down before lifting his hand up to knock the door in front of him. But he brought it back down. He couldn't do it. He took another deep breath. 

It had been two years since he had knocked on that particular door. It had been two years since he dared to come back and knock on that door again. Two years since the people behind that door disowned him for liking the same gender and kicked him out, warning him not to come back.

It was a day after Christmas when Jungkook finally mustered up enough courage to come out to his parents. He knew that they were homophobic, but he hoped that he would be able to convince them. He thought he just had to work hard to get them to accept him. 

"D-Dad, Mom, I have something to tell you guys" Jungkook started timidly as the three of them sat for dinner. "What's it, sweetie?" his mother asked. 

"I know that you are against it, but it is something natural and can't be helped. So please try to understand it. I beg you, please" Jungkook said, trying to prepare their minds a bit before dropping the bomb. 

"What's with the build up? Did you kill someone or something?" his father joked. Jungkook looked down at his plate, unable to look into their eyes. "I-I think I am g-gay" he whispered. 

.......dead silence........

It was dead silent, but somehow, Jungkook felt as if the silence was too loud. He felt as if that silence was loud enough to weigh down on his shoulders and ground him down. 

He heard the scraping of the chair and looked up to find his father standing and looking at him calmly. He pointed to the door and jerked his head towards it. "Pack your stuff and get out. Don't even think of coming back" he said. 

"D-Dad, ple-"

"I don't even want to hear a 'hmm' coming out of your disgusting mouth. GET OUT" he yelled. 
Jungkook looked at his mom for help, but she was glaring at him with the same intensity. 

"She's not gonna support you, so don't look at her. She is probably ashamed for having given birth to you" his father said. 

Jungkook hung his head low, hoping that they would say a few other words and then, at least let him stay. 

But boy was he wrong! His mother rushed upstairs and came back down a few minutes later with two large suitcases. "For all the years that we have raised you and loved you, this is the final thing we will let you do - take your things and get out" she said. 

Jungkook decided to come back after a couple of weeks, but to his utter dismay, his parents sent him a letter, asking him to sign a document that would legally let them disown him. 

He went back home, hoping to beg them and get them out of their mindset, but they didn't even acknowledge his presence. 

Dejected, he sat outside the door, signed the document and slid it through the flip in the door. A week after that, he received a letter saying that he was officially disowned and removed from the family register and the ancestral will. 

From then, he never dared to set his foot even in the neighborhood. In fact, after that, he never came back to Busan. Until now. He took yet another deep breath and finally knocked. 

A woman in her late fifties opened the door. It seemed as if she was expecting someone. But her face fell the second it fell on Jungkook. 

She immediately slammed the door, but Jungkook was already prepared for that situation. He immediately jammed his foot on the frame, making it impossible for her to close it. 

He gathered up the courage and slammed the door open and barged in. He pointed a gun at her and glared. 

"J-Jungkook, w-wh-what...?" she stuttered, terrified out of her wits. "Calm down, Mrs. Jeon. I won't shoot you.......yet" he said. She widened her eyes when he said 'Mrs. Jeon', but she didn't exactly have a say in it as it was them who disowned him legally. 

"JUNGKOOK, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE, POINTING A FUCKING GUN AT YOUR MOTHER??" a voice bellowed behind him. With a swift move, he went behind his mother and wrapped a hand around her neck, placing the gun on her temple. 

"Mother? I don't have a mother, Mr. Jeon" he said. "PUT THE FUCKING GUN DOWN" his father yelled. 

"We need to talk. Both of you sit down and listen to me carefully" he said, letting her go while keeping the gun aimed at her temple. The two of them trembled as they sat on the couch. Jungkook sat on the couch opposite to them.

"I know who Seo Dae Shin is and I am going to bring him down. I don't care if you oppose or try to kill me in the process. I don't even care if you are completely innocent in this matter. But if you both don't cooperate and help me with it, I will report the two of you to the police and make sure that you are thrown into jail" Jungkook said sternly. 

His eyes radiated with fierce energy and his parents could feel that fire in those eyes. 

"W-What are you t-talking about? How would you know S-Seo Dae Shin?" his father asked. "WILL YOU COOPERATE OR NOT?" Jungkook yelled. 

His mother flinched. She never thought Jungkook could carry this kind of aura and honestly, she was terrified beyond her wits to even look into his dangerous eyes. So was his father. He was shocked at the dark energy that his son radiated. 

"Y-Yes" both of them stuttered. 

"Good. Now bring me a picture of Jinho hyung before he ran away. It should be as latest as possible" Jungkook said, drilling holes into his father's face with his eyes. 

"A-Actually, he came to our house last year for Christmas saying that he missed us" his mother said. "Last year?" Jungkook asked. He could feel tears surface behind his eyes, but he had to stay strong and keep his act going. 

'Don't cry now. You can break down later. Not now'  he thought as he pushed them back with a lot of effort. 

"Did he ever come before that?" he asked. "N-No. That was the first time he came home after he ran away" she said. Jungkook nodded slowly before yelling for the photo again. 

"We took this photo last year" Jungkook's father placed a photo in front of Jungkook and sat back down with his wife. "But why do you want Jinho's photo?" he asked timidly, afraid that Jungkook might snap again. 

Jungkook pocketed the photo and got up, ready to leave. He looked straight into his father's eyes and scoffed. 

"Because he is Seo Dae Shin....." 

*************TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT BOOK************