Chapter 16

There was a light knock, and we looked to see Itachi leaning on the door frame.  I scowled at him.  "This is a girl's room."  He just stared at me, and I sighed.  "Hinata, my stalker calls..."

She giggled.  "You mean your boyfriend."  I scowled at her too, which made her laugh more.

I trailed after Itachi, who returned to the kitchen. Aya and Ryo were already waiting.  "What's up?"

Ryo glanced at Aya, who shrugged.  "What are we going to do about Chihiro?"

I balanced my head on a hand and thought.  "I... I'm at a loss.  By marriage, she's an Uchiha, so I can't exactly stop her from hanging around Izumi, but at the same time... she's out of character and out of line."  Then it dawned on me.  "My hands are tied, but yours aren't."

They looked at me confused.  "She's not in a place where she'll talk to me.  Also, it's a bit difficult to gauge how she is really feeling right now, but you guys... she'll spend time with all of you."

Aya rolled her eyes.  "She claims we're being fooled by you... among other things, I don't think I can sit through it."

I smiled at her.  "But we all love her and will do just that.  Be there for her, listen to her vent, and subtly remind her of who she was along the way.  That's all we can do right now.  As for me... I'll do what I've always done."

Ryo frowned.  "That's kinda what she is against right now."

I nodded.  "Yes, but I will not pretend to change just because of her influence.  Hopefully, she'll come to understand that she doesn't have to change either."

I could clearly see they were not happy with the plan.  "Think of it this way... take up all of her time so that she's not around Izumi all the time.  When the time is right, I'll speak to her on my own."  They all smirked. They liked that idea.

Itachi gently took my hand.  "That means... me too."

I shrugged.  "That would be up to you."  He met my gaze, thinking and said nothing more.  "Okay, now I have no clue what to do with my time since I'm to rest for 2 days."

Everyone exchanged glances and laughed.  I frowned.  "What?  I don't see anything funny."  I do enjoy these guys...

I walked out of the apartment and looked around, thinking.  "Hey, Itachi..."  He looked at me curiously.  "I'm going to see Ibiki."  I teleported into his office and laughed when he glared up at me.

He sighed and put what he was working on away.  "The door broken, brat?"

I shook my head.  "More effective this way."

He gave me a level stare, and I sat across from him.  "What do you need?"

I matched his gaze.  "To pick your brain, of course."

He sat back in his chair.  "About?"

"Madara Uchiha... he had ties to this village long ago."

He blinked in surprise.  "What are you planning?"

I shrugged.  "Nothing, but I may find something useful... like how he's still alive after all this time."

Ibiki frowned.  "You won't go doing anything reckless..."

I shook my head.  "I can't...  it'd only result in my death or worse."  I grimaced at the thought.  "If he won't be dead by the end of it all, then it's pointless."

He leaned forward.  "Does Itachi know?"

I sighed.  "Yes, why?"

He nodded.  "I'll see what I can find."

I raised a brow.  "Why did you ask about Itachi?"

He got up from his desk.  "Because he needs to know... especially since you two have been..."

I grimaced.  "Okay, stop... first, he is nothing like that, second... well, that's none of your business."

He smirked.  "I know he's not like that, or he would be dead... we've talked."

He went to open the door, but I put my hand on it.  "About?"

He chuckled.  "Well, that is none of your business."

I gaped.  "It is."  He shook his head and opened the door.  "Ibiki..."

He tilted his head out the door.  "See you later, brat."

I frowned and left the office.  "Fine... I'll ask him."  He chuckled again before closing the door.  I stalked out of the interrogation building and saw Chihiro was talking to Izumi in the street.  I wonder...

I was in Minato's house instantly, surprised to see some new pictures around that included me.  Well, he works fast...  I noted I was a bit dizzy.  Well, at least I got to two places... I followed the smell of food and plopped into a chair at the island.  "So, question."

He turned and looked at me smiling.  "Glad to see you still see this as your home."

I smiled.  "Well, it does have some good memories.  Anyway, Itachi..."  He looked at me curiously.  "Ibiki said he 'talked to' him. What does that mean?"

Minato turned back to the food.  "It's nothing to concern yourself with."

I gaped.  "Why? Clearly, it had to do with me."

He shrugged.  "That's something you just have to trust those two with."

I narrowed my eyes at him.  "I don't like it.  I don't trust either of them with that."  He just chuckled as the door opened.

We both looked, and Chihiro came in and immediately froze at the door.  "What are you doing here?"

Minato frowned at her.  "This is her home too."

She rolled her eyes.  "Only when she wants it to be."

"Chihi-"

I stood and patted Minato on the shoulder.  "I'll go."

He looked pained.  "But..."

I smiled at him.  "No need to be where I am not wanted.  Enjoy your dinner."  I glided past Chihiro.  "Have a good night, Sister."

She turned to retort, but I was already gone.  I closed my eyes as I walked.  You can be as hateful to me as you want, Chihiro, I will always be here for you...