Chapter 28

Chihiro and Aya were getting ready as I half watched them half looked out the window. "Earth to Kunoichi...'

I focused on Aya and sighed. "It looks good, just like the last five you tried."

She threw up her hands as Chihiro settled on a pink blouse and black skirt. "Kunoichi, be nice... not everyone looks good in whatever they put on like you."

I frowned. "Not true..."

She giggled and pulled me towards the mirror. "You never really look at yourself. You may be short, you have a figure not too big, not too small for your size. Plus, that handy chain only accentuates your curves more."

I looked away and frowned while Aya came out in another dress. "Where did you get those clothes anyway?"

I tilted my head. "Itachi..."

They both paused. "What?"

I blinked. "Uh... I'm sure you heard me."

They exchanged shocked and then disgruntled looks. "So you helped him choose..."

I looked Aya over. "That one is the best so far."

It was a black dress with blue accents, it complimented both her figure and her eyes. She turned this way and that in the mirror. "I agree, but back to my question. Like, you went out and chose what you wanted, and he paid?"

I shook my head. "No." Chihiro steered me to a chair and held out some nail polish for me to choose. "I don't need that." I held up my gloves hands.

She giggled. "Oh, come on." She pulled off a glove and blinked. "You have some on already."

I scratched my head. "Picked it up from Konan... she insisted."

Aya huffed. "So what does he think about it, or has he seen?" I shrugged. "Fine, back to the clothes."

I sighed. "He picked them out, and his mom tailored them. I have a whole wardrobe at his place now, okay?"

They both exchanged a glance. "Really?"

I nodded. "He knows my style, and they conspired against me while I was away."

Chihiro giggled. "That's cute."

I rolled my eyes. "Why?"

She patted my hand as she handed me my glove. "He put a lot of thought and effort into it to buy you all of that, with no help from you."

Aya put on some strappy black sandals. "Okay, Kunoichi, it seems you are good at the nail polish thing... do you mind?" I smiled and painted their nails to match their outfits.

Then Chihiro pulled me to the vanity. "Now make up." I shook my head. "Aw, come on... please."

I pushed away from it. "Absolutely not."

She sighed exasperated. "But why?"

I held my ground. "Not doing it, and you don't need it either."

Aya put a hand on my sleeve. "Fine, but your hair, at least."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine..." I sat in front of the vanity again as I pulled my hair loose. Chihiro brushed it til it shined, and then they both looked at it, deciding. They decided to leave it down, parting it to the side, then pinning the part back.

Chihiro's hair was already perfect, waves of black coming just past her shoulders. I helped Aya braid one side of hers and add hairpins. I rolled my eyes as they applied eyeliner and light lipstick, but finally, they were ready.

When we emerged, Ryo threw up his hands. "Took long enough." He hugged Aya. "You look nice."

Shisui tugged at Chihiro's hair as she came closer. "You too."

Itachi came to me in the doorway, assessing. Then he reached behind me and quickly pulled out the hair pins, making my hair fall around me. He stroked my cheek, appreciation in his eyes. Beautiful...

I averted my gaze as the other girls gasped. Aya frowned at Ryo. "You've never bought me clothes."

He looked shocked. "Huh?"

She looked at Itachi, who was still looking at me. "Kunoichi said Itachi bought her clothes... even chose them himself." I looked up at him. He was smirking. They're talking about us...

Ryo scratched his head. "Well... I don't really know what you would like... Shisui help."

He shrugged. "I'd do it, but I'm sure the sizes would be off." They always talk about us...

Chihiro giggled. "Mikoto alters the clothes to her size." Maybe should have lied...

Shisui looked at us. "Hey, you two with the mental conversation... is this true?" We didn't break our stare off. Shisui wants to know if it's true...

I sighed internally. They make things so complicated...

Aya rolled her eyes. "It's true, Chihiro hid all of Kunoichi's clothes, and she's been in training clothes since she's been back. There was no time to have stuff picked out and altered." They do...

Shisui came over and grabbed Itachi's sleeve, making us both smirk at him. "Borrowing him... and you gotta talk."

I giggled as he was dragged away. Good luck... I felt his disappointment and turned back to the girls. "So... that was completely unnecessary."

Aya gaped. "He literally is the best, you know?"

I tilted my head. "He's just Itachi."

She shook her head. "He's different. Shisui and Ryo just said we looked nice. He really looked at you before pulling your hair down. Can't say what he said because you two went mental..."

I giggled. "Mental... you make us sound crazy."

Chihiro smiled. "What did he say?"

I looked at where the boys disappeared. "That's between us."

Chihiro thought for a moment. "It doesn't bother you that he bought the clothes or even fixed your hair to his liking?"

I shrugged. "I made a big deal about the clothes, at first, but... no... it doesn't. It would be different if he was doing it because he wanted me to look a certain way, but literally everything is something I would have chosen for my self, but been to lazy to have fixed so... left it where it was."

Aya stroked my hair. "And your hair?"

I sighed. "I may or may not have been getting a headache from the pins..."

They exchanged a glance. "How did he know that? You told him?"

I shook my head. "He can sense my discomfort, like I can sense his. I think he's been in my head too much."

Chihiro giggled. "Well, try not to go 'mental' on us tonight. We want you both to be present... or as present as possible. He really doesn't talk."

I smiled at her. "I make no promises." The boys finally emerged from the room, and I went to Itachi. Aya and Chihiro watched. "Fun?" He shrugged, smirking.

Ryo threw an arm around Aya, and Shisui took Chihiro's hand when they reached them. "Those two are backward." I glared at Ryo. "Hey... whatever works, I guess." This works just fine...