Chapter 30

I could feel I was waking up, but not physically. What happened?

Kurama looked concerned. You okay, kid?

I held a hand to my head. I... don't know...

He sighed. No alcohol for you... ever... anymore.

I frowned. What happened?

He sighed. You fainted, ungracefully might I add, and hit your head pretty hard then... I took over...

I tilted my head. Why?

He watched my reaction. When the others tried to help... you may have attacked them.

I looked up, surprised. Attacked?

He nodded. You may have stabbed... someone with one of your threads.

I paled. Who? He averted his gaze. Let me out, Fox... now.

My eyes fluttered open, and I tried to sit up, but was restrained. I looked over at the chakra cuffs on my hands. Useless... I grimaced as I concentrated chakra to my hands and overpowered the cuffs. As they broke off, I slid my hands out of the ropes and untied my legs.

I rubbed my wrists and looked around the hospital room. Itachi... I ran a finger over the tattoo on my wrist and sensed him. He's alive, at least... I stood from the bed and felt a little wobbly. After putting on my clothes, I walked down the hall, following the pull from the chain.

I knocked on the door when I reached it and looked past the pinkette when she opened it. A vein formed on her head. "You two are the worst patients ever! How did you even get out?"

I ignored her, seeing the bandage covering his shoulder. "Itachi..."

He smiled at me. "I'm happy you're back to yourself." He looked at me carefully. "Mostly."

Sakura stepped outside and closed the door. "You need to rest... he's fine."

I frowned at her. "I'm fine."

She balled her fists. "Get back to your room, now."

I smirked. "You've been around Tsunade way too long."

She slammed her fist against the wall, and I was impressed that it seemed to feel whole floor shook. I'm liking this girl more and more... if that's her restrained... "You shouldn't mess with Sakura."

I turned slowly, my head spinning. "Hey..."

She shook her head. "Well, you aren't attacking people, light weight, but you still need to sleep that off."

I pursed my lips. "She locked Itachi..."  I pointed to the door.  "...in there."

She shook her head. "At home... I can have someo-"

I shook my head and regretted it instantly, but the door opened, Itachi was dressed and looked at me concerned. "Can I go?"

I could almost hear Sakura's teeth grinding. "I haven't finished..."

I squinted at her to see which one of her was real. "Okay, you finish, I wait. Nice clones..."

I walked into the room and sat in windowsill, placing my head on my knees. I heard a defeated sigh, followed by people coming into the room. "For some reason... I can't heal this."

I hiccuped. "Nope... you can't, but Hinata may be able..."

"It's fine... I need to get her home."

"I can have someone take her to Minato's or the apartment..."

He sighed. "I'll take her, Hinata's probably waiting anyway."

I felt a hand under my elbow. "Hmmm?"

He chuckled, and I felt his back against my side. "Get on."

I grimaced but wrapped my arms around his neck, head swimming as he stood. "I don't feel good."

As he walked, I started to nod off. "I know."

I snuggled my face into his back, feeling his amusement. "Stupid, Uchiha." I'm sorry...

He felt his chuckle as I drifted back to sleep. It's okay... I felt as if I was laid in something soft and covered. I opened my eyes, and Itachi stroked my hair. "Sleep... you're safe." I hummed in response but opened my eyes again and watched him remove his shirt.

I admired him, but my eyes paused on the bandage. "What happened, Itachi?"

He looked back at me, and to my surprise, he was smiling. "You fought after falling, and you got the best of me. Kurama... he took over after, I think he wanted to see what would happen."

I sat up and stumbled as I stood, and he caught me. "Mmmm... yeah, never again."

He chuckled and guided me back to the bed. "Rest..."

I frowned as he grimaced, putting on a clean shirt and reached for his shoulder. "I'm no medic, but this, I can fix." I squinted as I focused my chakra into his wound. I felt him relax and smiled softly. The process was slower than I would have liked, but I finished.

He removed the bandage and rotated his shoulder. "Thank you... now rest." I pouted, and he shook his head amused. He picked me up and sat against the headboard. I pouted harder as he swayed, and I started to fall sleep.

I struggled, and he restrained my arms. "You'll never see me drunk again..."

He kissed the top of my head. "I prefer you sober."

I huffed, giving in. "You'll be here when I wake up?"

He nuzzled my hair and inhaled deeply. "Right here..." I fell back to sleep. Maybe... it wouldn't be so bad...

My head is killing me... Kurama chuckled, and I glared at him. I opened my eyes and looked up at a sleeping Itachi. What happened?

I reached up and stroked his cheek, and he looked down at me. He kissed my forehead and shifted, placing me on the bed. He left and reappeared with two pills and some water. I grimaced, and he shook his head. "You're hurting."

I frowned. "I don't like pills or drugs of any kind."

He stroked my hair. "It's not as strong as Tsunade's meds, and I'm here. I won't let anything happen."

I sighed and took the medicine. "What happened?"

He smiled. "You took a drink and..."

I closed my eyes, thinking. When it started coming back, I looked at him in terror. "I'm-"

He put a finger to my lips. "You didn't want to drink, and I see why. Plus, you fixed it, so it's okay."

I frowned. "No one else got hurt?"

He shook his head. "No one got close enough."

I lowered my gaze. "Kurama finds it entertaining."

He chuckled and wrapped me in his arms. "I'm sure he does."