Chapter 33

I looked up, allowing the rain to hit my face, smiling. I heard the ferry man chuckle. "Strange kid..." I frowned slightly as it reduced to a drizzle, then was no more, and he sighed happily. "Like clock work every time."

I smiled at him as he handed me a cloth. "I appreciate the ride over..."

He returned it. "You're easy transport, I don't have dock bringing you over, and when the rain kicks back up, I know to be waiting because it's time to go. It always stops when you're here."

I looked at the dock as we approached. "You give me too much credit."

He shook his head and put a hand on Itachi's shoulder. "You watch after our little ray of sunshine, would you?"

He smiled slightly, watching me jump to the dock as we got closer. "Always."

He jumped after me. "Welcome to the Hidden Rain Village." A paper angel flapped down to me, and I plucked it from the air, burning it in my fingers when I read it. "They'll meet us." I laced my fingers through his and started to walk.

His eyes shifted as we passed villagers, and nin, all smiled and waved as we passed. "Friendly... wasn't like that last time."

I shook my head. "Nope, just happy I've returned." He looked at me curiously. "Just go with it, Itachi."

An owner of a dumpling shop approached. "Lady Kunoichi, I'm so happy you've come back."

I smiled at her. "I'm happy to be here... this is Itachi. Itachi, this is Ms. Aina, she makes the best dumplings I've ever tasted. "

Her smile widened. "Lucky man... if I had known, I would've made more." She handed me a heavy bag of dumplings, I already knew, all different kinds.

I bowed deeply. "Thank you very much... this is more than enough."

She nodded. "You be good now, Lady Kunoichi, and don't work too hard."

She returned to her shop and I looked up at Itachi, who was smiling slightly. "Nice lady." I chuckled as he took the bag from me. "She expects you to eat all of this?"

I giggled. "You'll see what happens." As we headed towards our destination, we were stopped by multiple shop owners, all with gifts of their wares. Soon, kids began to follow us, helping to carry bags and tell me all that had happened while I was away.

I could feel Itachi was amused and intrigued by the interactions. We finally made it to my building and circled around back where there was a grassy area. Some girls laid out some blankets, and we began to spread out the food.

Itachi arched a brow when I pulled him to a blanket, and the kids gathered around. He sampled everything as I listened to the children happily partaking in the spoils. We watched as they played, then I played the guitar at their request and they danced around, finally as the sun began to set they said their goodbyes after helping pack everything back up.

After the last child left, we made our way back to the front of the building and inside. The receptionist looked up, smiling. "Welcome home, My Lady..." She looked at Itachi, and a slight blush crossed her cheeks as she quickly averted her gaze.

I giggled. "This is Itachi, Yuka."

She nodded and bowed slightly. "Nice to meet you, Itachi-sama."

I did my best to refrain from laughing. "See you soon." I pulled Itachi up the stairs and into my apartment, where I laughed and poked his side. "Itachi-sama."

He shook his head, smiling as I took what little food was left and put it away. "They really love you here." I shrugged. "They seemed to be ready with all of that stuff as we passed."