Chapter 20

I awoke and to my surprise the room was empty.  Guess I'll just...  I put on my clothes and looked out the window. The day was just beginning to break, and no one was below.  I opened the window and fell to the ground.  I smiled and stretched before I walked to the lake.

Cherry blossoms were in full bloom, and the scene didn't disappoint as the early morning sun was reflected on the still lake.  It's beautiful...  I sat at the lake's edge and admired the view.  I shouldn't stay too long... they'll worry...  I stood and jumped a bit when I turned around.

Itachi was leaning against a tree, arms crossed, watching me.  I scowled at him.  "I think this is the most stalkerish thing I've caught you doing, Uchiha."

He smiled softly, never removing his gaze.  "Just admiring the view."  I blushed slightly and tried to hurry past him, but he caught my hand.  I didn't resist as he pulled me to him and planted a kiss on the top of my head.  "You escaped again."

I smirked into his chest.  "I was left unsupervised... what could you expect?"  He chuckled and began to lead me back into the village.  Suddenly, Tsunade's words flooded my mind.

I pulled Itachi to a stop.  "Did you miss it?"  He gave me a questioning look.  "Did you miss it here... when we were away?"

He tilted his head.  "No... not particularly."

I looked around the village. People were starting to go about their daily routines.  "Was there any place you like... in particular?"

He thought for a moment before shaking his head.  "I was where I wanted to be."  I lowered my gaze.  "Why do you ask?"

I looked up at him.  "I don't know, really... Tsunade said I could stay here... no conditions."

He was watching me carefully.  "Is that what you want?"

I shrugged.  "I don't know, it was never really an option before."

He smiled softly and pulled me closer.  "Wherever you're happy... that's where I want to be... besides, it's different without the brats keeping me busy."

I smiled and kissed his lips.  "Okay."  He smirked before leading me to Tsunade's office, to which I frowned.  "Should have known this was a setup."  He ignored me and knocked.

"Come in."

He pushed open the door.  "Our escape artist..."

She smiled.  "Well, good thing she was to be discharged today... saves me some paperwork."

I smiled.  "So.... I'm free?"

Her smile turned serious.  "With restrictions... no training for an additional 3 days... that includes anything having to do with chakra."

I gaped.  "So, what am I supposed to do with my time?"

She shrugged.  "Stay out of trouble."

I frowned.  "Easy for you to say..."  She simply chuckled as I stormed out.  Itachi was close behind, amused.  "So what, are you going to stalk me to make sure I do as she says?"

He sighed.  "Do I have to?"

I crossed my arms, looking away from him.  "Get lost, Uchiha."  I glared at him when he tugged at my sleeve.  "What?"

He nodded his head for me to follow.  "I think someone wants to speak to you."

I recognized the direction he indicated.  "You sure?"  He nodded, and I still played the angry child as we walked.

I heard giggling and frowned in its direction.  "Lovers' quarrel?"

Aya and Ryo joined us, Ryo poking my side.  "Kunoichi, your face will get stuck that way."