Chapter 26

I felt Itachi move underneath me and his breath hitch. I looked up at him curiously, and I slight blush crossed his cheeks. "This wasn't a good idea." It took me a moment to process, but I felt him hard against me and smirked.

I kissed his chest. "You desire me even when you sleep, Uchiha." I met his eyes. "Cute." I bit his shoulder and felt him shudder. I kissed up to his neck and bit down before suckling behind his ear. I felt his groan more than heard it as his hands skated up my sides.

I shivered under his touch, and he kissed my shoulder as he removed my shirt. He paused, taking in the new scars I had earned since we were last together. A pained look crossed his face as he lightly traced the ones over my heart and lungs, then the one from when they were replaced.

I watched him curiously. "They don't hurt... I never remember any of them hurting." The sadness didn't leave his eyes. "Hey... I'm here." I took his hand and placed my cheek in it. "I'm right here..."

He sat up and kissed me softly. "Yes... you are." He kissed me again, hungrily as he rolled. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he worked his way down to my breast. I moaned as he licked and sucked at them. I gasped as he bit down on my nipple and his hands glided lower.

I jumped when he reached into my shorts, stroking my sex. He kissed his way to my lips. "Breathe, Kunoichi." His hands stopped moving as I dragged in a breath. He watched me carefully, deciding. "Do you want to stop?"

I met his gaze. "No..." He took my lips again as his fingers explored. The sensation made me gasp, and he deepened the kiss. His fingers dove deeper and I moaned as he circled my clit. I arched my back and felt him stiffen as I rubbed against him. I could barely think as he was driving me to the edge. I uncurled my fingers from his hair and reached between us.

He groaned when I tentatively grabbed his dick, shuddering when I stroked it. He moved in my hands keeping time with his own strokes. Itachi... I felt something building and broke the kiss, panting and moaning as his fingers worked faster. Then... I exploded with pleasure and felt something gush into my hand as he called my name.

I was floating, the only thing holding me down was the man who had all but collapsed on top of me. I love you...

I felt him shift, then he looked down at me. "And I you." I smiled, feeling the truth in his words. All too soon he got up and I heard running water in the bathroom. He returned with a damp cloth and began to clean my fingers. He looked at them before kissing my hand. "You may very well be the end of me..."

I lifted his chin, studying his face, sorting his conflicting emotions. "Quite the opposite, Uchiha."

He smiled softly. "We should go..."

I noted the hunger in his eyes and bit my lip, but nodded. "You first." He hesitated, and I smirked. "I will not escape, promise."

When I heard the shower running, I went to the window and perched on the sill, putting on my shirt. That was... different... I looked toward the door that he disappeared through, I wanted to go in and sate the hunger we both felt, but something held me back.

I sighed, sorting through what I felt and what I wanted. Itachi emerged from the bathroom, and I turned to look at him. This man... I hurried past him, clothes in hand and showered. ... is different...

I finished and prepared for the day, I wouldn't be training, so I opted for a grey dress and navy leggings with grey boots and gloves. My braid was now disheveled, and I sighed, releasing my curls. I frowned at my reflection, deciding. I exited the bathroom, and Itachi looked up from wrapping his ankles.

He smiled. "It suits you." I blushed and cursed under my breath as I grabbed a jacket and brush. After brushing my hair into a ponytail, I looped my chain around my waist and a weapons pouch to my thigh, under the dress.

There was a knock at the door, and I looked at it. I noticed Itachi didn't move to answer it, so I popped my head in the room. "Uh... someone's at the door."

He shrugged. "Open it."

I narrowed my eyes. "Not my apartment." Whoever was at the door knocked again, and I sighed. I pulled open the door and smiled. "Mikoto!"

She beamed. "Kunoichi?" She walked in and held me at arms length before hugging me. "You look lovely. I've missed you."

I hugged her back. "Sorry I haven't visited and about the whole... well... you know."

She shook her head. "I never believed you were dead." I tilted my head. "You promised to return to Itachi. You would never break that promise."

I scratched my head, embarrassed. "Uh... Itachi, your mom is here." I started to head toward the bedroom and hesitated. This isn't awkward or anything...

Thankfully, he emerged. "I heard." He kissed the top of my head as he passed, and I fought the blush that threatened to emerge as I turned.

Mikoto giggled. "Your girlfriend is quite shy, Itachi." He simply smiled and went to the kitchen.

I guided her to a chair. "Something to drink?"

She looked at me appreciatively. "Water is fine." I pulled out three bottles tossing on to Itachi, who had begun to cook. He caught it without missing a beat, and I handed her one, sitting across from her. "This makes me happy."

I tilted my head again. "What?"

She smiled at me. "Seeing you two together like this..."

I contemplated her words. "I'd think most moms would hate me."

She shook her head. "I could never hate you... I think of you as the daughter I never had." I lowered my gaze, blushing slightly. "I knew from the first time I met you. The day you brought those gifts after Sasuke was born."

I looked at her expectantly. "Knew what?"

She sighed, reminiscing. "That one day, when you two were older, Itachi would love you and you him. I wasn't disappointed."

I glanced at Itachi, who was watching from the corner of his eye. "But... how? We were just kids?"

She giggled. "The way you handled Sasuke... the way he watched you play with him. I had never seen such wonder in his eyes before and slowly, but surely he changed. The more time he spent with you, it seemed he became... more himself rather than what his father was shaping him to be."

I pursed my lips. "You give me too much credit."

She shook her head. "I watched my boys grow from babies to men. I watched you grow as well, when time allowed. I knew when Itachi brought you home that night sleeping. I didn't question him going straight to his room with you." I scowled at him, now leaning against the counter, and she giggled. "I also knew when you showed up on our doorstep on the brink of death, you felt the same way."

I blinked at her. "How?"

She smiled. "You went where you knew you were safest... you came home." Home...