Epilogue

I leaned back into his embrace, watching the Sand Siblings escorting Chihiro and Izumi into the village.  "They did well... I should thank them somehow."

Itachi kissed the top of my head.  "You're a criminal now, may be difficult."

I smirked.  "That's the fun part."  We watched as they disappeared through the gates, and we moved to the cliff above the Hokage heads.  As expected, they were swarmed, and everyone was overjoyed they were home and safe.

I looked over Chihiro. She looked thin and frail.  Whatever they did to her was meant to break her, but even from this distance, I could see she was strong.  I saw her look around, and Minato told her something as they embraced.  She looked at him in disbelief, then anger.

I was intrigued when she approached Tsunade, clearly pleading her case.  Tsunade watched sadly.  "Probably saying it can't be helped..."

Ibiki approached and handed her the scroll I'd given him, and she took it, curious.  She asked him a question and then slapped him across the face.  He touched his cheek, but I knew that was nothing to the pain he felt when he heard the news.

I looked up at Itachi.  "That took guts..."  He simply smiled, and his eyes shifted as Mikoto spoke to her.  Whatever she said helped to calm Chihiro's rage as they embraced crying.  "That's good... your mom needs support, too."

"Hn."

We felt someone behind us and looked to see Hiruzen smoking his pipe.  "What will you do now?"  I looked up at Itachi, then back at him.  "Itachi, you will be a rogue shinobi wanted dead or alive. And you Kunoichi, also a crimimal for saving a village you had no love for."

I shrugged.  "No one will see that... I'm not known for saving villages, Hiruzen... I'm known for exacting vengeance.  They kidnapped, detained, and tortured Chihiro.  No one will be surprised."

He looked down at the people below.  "So, you are okay with this then, being hunted?"

Itachi followed his gaze.  "To keep those we love safe... yes."

I shrugged.  "No different from before, I suppose."

He smiled at the two of us.  "You have kept peace within the village... for this, I am grateful... I'm sure they are, too."  It's time to go, Itachi.

We body flickered to the waterfall and walked across the bridge.  When we made it to our hideout, I smiled.  Aya, Ryo, and Hinata stood there waiting for us.

They each held up their scrolls, and Ryo smirked.  "Just couldn't leave without us again, could you?"

I smirked.  "And leave you to further degrade under the Leaf?  I've put too much time and effort into you for that."

They all laughed, and Hinata looked at me curiously.  "So, where to Sensei?"

I looked into the distance.  "There's somewhere I need to go... may take a while to find it, though."

Aya put a hand on my shoulder.  "Wherever you go, Kunoichi, we will follow."