Studying With Foster

Tap tap tap

The gentle tapping of pen against paper was all that Keefe heard as he gazed to his side, noticing Sophie frowning over a question on the Relationship between Elves and Gnomes.

It was a simple question, really, but Sophie seemed to be dwelling too much on it.

He smirked as he continued to stare at that slight crease between her eyebrows, and how her lips would pout as she stared at the paper, as if glaring at it would magically give her the answer.

Sophie suddenly spun to him, frowning as she held up the paper between their faces.

"Stop staring at me, we're suppose to be studying," she noted, and Keefe could easily tell by her racing emotions that she was just as distracted as he was.

With a smug smirk, he scooted closer to her side.

"I am, and the answer is right there, Miss F," he pointed out, and Sophie's cheeks flushed red as she scribbled down the answer.

"I knew that, I was just- just reading the other question!" Sophie argued, trying to ignore the fact that it was the last question on the scroll, and Keefe was well aware of that.

Argh, she never should've agreed to study with him if she knew he would be that big of a distraction.

It wasn't necessarily noise distraction, it was more of... the way Keefe looked at her every few seconds to check on her, and the way he would smirk as he continued to scribble down whatever he was doing that he didnt want her to see.

And yet, she thought couples shouldn't keep anything for each other.

She couldn't even try to peek as his arm would be blocking her view.

Curse her shortness.

With one last glance at Keefe, she whiped her head around.

No more distractions, she would go to her bed to study if she need to.

With that, the tapping on the paper continued as she carried on to study the rules of telepathy, with a small yawn escaping her lips.

Keefe could tell by how her emotions were calming down that she was falling asleep, and it was adorable to see her trying to stay awake.

So he nudged her a little, making her jot up as the ink smudged on the paper.

"You were falling asleep Foster. Wasn't it your idea to study?" he teased as he poked her cheek.

She huffed as she continued to scribble down the next three rules, ignoring her brining cheeks from the way he smirked at her.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"And she burned herself out," Keefe mumbled as he poked her cheek again to confirm she was asleep.

If the tiny snores wasn't enough proof, the little bit of drool at the corner of her mouth was surely enough evidence to prove.

He grinned at the soft expression she had on her face as he tucked his cape around her and titled her head off the paper just in case as he continued his work, or well, tried to.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Where did Keefe go?" Sophie asked as she scrambled down the stairs, noticing he wasn't by her side the moment she woke up.

"Oh his father called him for some Empathy training, and you might want to check your plate for mallowmelt, he might have ate it all," Edaline laughed as Sophie scrambled back up to her room.

Sure enough, only crumbs of it was left and she sighed as she wiped the chocolate off the plate.

She stared at the cape he left slung on her shoulder, suddenly realising a piece of paper was stuffed inside the pocket.

She opened it, expecting to see another one of his detailed pranks, but instead smiled at the little sketch he drew.

Of her.

A grin unconsciously appeared as she stared at the little pencil stokes, her eyes taking in the details of how her hair covered half her face-

Then realising that there was an annotation that said "Foster Drool".

Sophie opened her mouth agape as she huffed, the blush from embarrassment creeping up to her face, vowing to tackle him down the next day.

Still, she smiled in defeat.

Darn, what was there not to love of him?

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。