Gone

The moon was warm and bright, the light reflecting of the black waves, making the sea sparkle under its warm embrace.

The soft clashing against the brown, sandy shore was as relaxing as the night, and the salty breeze would blow ever so often.

The gentle nature's sounds sung in perfect harmony like a song, and Sophie enjoyed every bit of it.

She glanced up to the stars shining right above her, feeling her heart ache after a whole month of waiting.

She stared as the waves sunk into the sand, and had no clue about the figure walking up to her.

She snapped her attention, feeling a presence around her, as if someone was staring at her naked soul.

She carefully slipped her hand to her cape pocket, a weapon already clutch in her palm should that figure be of any danger.

It was dark, and so her view was greatly affected.

Yet she could still spot the same patch on the sleeve that appeared in her nightmares.

"Who are you?" She asked.

The figure laughed, the voice the same as the person she truly loved, and replied.

"I can't believe you actually created this as a safe word, but fine. Ella Iggyfarts."

Even Sophie couldn't help but laugh. The way he said it wad just funny. She lowered down her hood, knowing it was safe.

The figure did the same, and revealed the familiar glistening ice blue eyes Sophie missed seeing so much.

She leapt forward and hugged him, in which he returned. Sophoe choked back her sobs, not wanting to waste their precious time just on crying and feeling wrong.

"Why can't you come back?" Sophie whispered, still not wanting to let go. Keefe never wanted to actually tell her the reason, despite her constant pleas during their meetings every once a month.

Silence spread, and Sophoe knew that he wad still unwilling to tell her the cause of his sudden disappearance, one that only she knew of.

"It's almost a been a year. People are thinking you died. They're giving up on you, Keefe. What's so important for you to leave us again?" Sophie asked again, now no longer holding back her tears.

She felt them slip.

Pain, sadness, betrayal.

Yet here she was, still unable to hate him for everything he did to them.

Because she loved him.

Maybe more than friends, she couldn't tell. Absence makes the heart founder, they said, and they were so right.

Not a second went pass without her counting down to the days of their secret meetings, without her thinking and dreaming about seeing him again.

Even her best friends had no idea they were meeting, it was just for her.

"What's so important?" Sophie now exclaimed, breaking the hug, not wanting to see his tear stained face again.

"You wouldn't believe me," Keefe looked away, swiping the tears away.

Sophie shot him the best glare she could master.

She shouldn't be angry.

She should be ecstatic at the thought of him still being around, still there to help her up, just not on the same side.

People told her she became an empty shell ever since he left them, and at first, she was totally heartbroken.

It was just a week ago, they confessed their feelings, had their first kiss. Did it mean nothing to him then?