Anytime

"No Sophie! You don't understand! Stop talking as if you saying sorry will bring back the chance you had to stop Alvar!" Fitz yelled, and Sophie could feel the warm tears gathering up in her eyes.

Fitz's teal eyes were rimmed with anger and such betrayal, Sophie didn't know what hurt more, the way he looked at her or the things he said.

"Fitz, I'm going to stop you right there before you hurt her further-" Keefe took a cautious step closer to Fitz.

"Oh! So now you're saying I'm hurting her! Do you know how much it hurts for me?" Fitz cried, his tone still edgy.

"As an empath, yes actually. And I think you should really stop," Keefe warned in a tone Sophie never heard him use before, some sort of demanding with a gentle touch.

Fitz slumped back on his chair, letting what he said process.

Keefe could tell he was starting to regret for what he said, but as he opened his mouth to apologise, Sophie ran out of the room, covering her face with Sandor glaring at Fitz before follwing Sophie.

Keefe sat down next to Fitz. "I screwed up bad time didn't I?" Fitz mumbled.

Keefe gave him a sad smile. "Yeah, you should clear things up with her."

"Can you do it for me? I have a feeling she wouldn't want to see me now," Fitz asked Keefe with such sincerity in his voice.

"Sure, I'll tell her you're sorry," Keefe patted his back before he got up.

"Seriously? You're gonna just do this on his account?" Ro asked with such amusement as they left Fitz's room.

"Well, I'm going to talk to her whether he asked me or not. And besides, she's his girlfriend." Keefe really felt the need to point out that crucial point.

"When will you realise?" Ro grumbled.

"Realise what? She's happy with him Ro. And I want her to be happy." Keefe felt his heart a he even just thinking about it.

"That's what you aren't realising. She isn't happy Keefe." Ro said it as more of a whisper as Keefe took out a crystal to Havenfield.

Keefe gulped. "And we're in no position to assume that."

"But can't you see? Look at her like this!" Ro argued.

Keefe didn't reply as he stepped into the light.

¤¤¤¤¤

Once Keefe entered the huge house, Edaline and Grady were outside of Sophie's door, seeming to be trying to get through Sophie as well.

He gave an awkward wave as he Grady took a glance at him.

"Think you can try?" He asked as Keefe went up the stairs.

"Probably," Keefe mumbled as Grady and Edaline made space for him.

Keefe knocked in the door, already feeling the guilt and sadness radiating off Sophie from inside the room.

"Hey Foster? Can I come in?" He asked with the softest tone he could master.

A muffled voice came from inside, and Keefe went in anyways.

"Go away, I'm fine." Sophie turned away as she felt Keefe sit on her bed.

"No can do Foster. And also, you can't lie to an empath! Fitzy says sorry by the way," he said, trying to sound casual.

"And Foster, please know that this isn't your fault. You know how he gets especially about Alvar. Don't take it to heart, it's all through anger."

"Fun Fact. People are most honest when they are angry." Sophie choked out the words, feeling her eyes burn again.

"Well, I know that he didn't mean it. He didn't mean to harm you like this." Keefe reassured her.

"Then why isn't he here? Why did he ask you to apologise for him?" Sophie really had a point Keefe couldn't prove wrong.

"Well, he sent the one with the best hair," Keefe felt his joke work as Sophie's mood went up a little.

"And, he didn't send me here." Keefe admitted.

Sophie looked up, for the first time, and Keefe saw the beautiful brown eyes tearful.

"Please don't cry Foster. It really hurts." He whispered as he brushed the tear off Sophie's cheeks.

"Thank you," Sophie leaned on his shoulder, breaths calming down as she felt the blue breezes rush through her mind.

"For always being here for me," she finsihed as she looked up, Keefe giving her a sad smile.

"Anytime, Foster."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。