2|The Reason

Sophie buried her face into her hands.

This wasn't working one bit.

She read through her list of reasons, noticing that none of the reasons were actually telling her to hate him.

The world was seemingly going against her as she realised all the reasons were making her believe the total opposite.

She groaned as she sunk back into the chair, wondering how it all came to this.

Right, it was all because of that kiss.

That accidental, but still significant kiss.

Well, it was, at least to her.

Her heart starting beating twice the pace, and her face burned as she touched her lips, remembering how soft his was on hers.

Well, it was all Biana's fault.

Whether or not she did it on purpose or not, Sophie wasn't going to forgive her anytime soon.

It just happened the day before, where they were playing base quest at Everglen.

"I call Foster!" Keefe called out, placing a arm around Sophie as she blushed.

Still, she shrugged him off, giving him the best glare she could master as Keefe gave her another smirk, probably noticing the mood shift she just had.

"Nope, Sophie's with me. Girls against boys!" Biana glared at him, pulling Sophie over to her side.

"Fine, but no abilties!" Fitz quickly added before Keefe could argue.

Keefe huffed as he crossed his arms. "We're guarding first then."

Biana beamed at him as she exclaimed, "Done! Now let's play!"

Sophie sighed as she got dragged by Biana.

This was going to be fun.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Sophie and Biana chose the huge boulder near the river as their base, and they looked around, to see the forest as silent as ever.

"Now?" Sophie whispered to Biana as she nodded.

"I'll take left, you take right," Biana agreed as they ran off.

Sophie closed all her senses to focus on the rustling of the leaves, hoping that one of the boys were bashing through the forest.

Then she heard a rustle in the trees above.

She smiled, channeling all her energy onto her feet, pushing herself to run faster to trace to the sound of the sound.

Then she caught a glimpse of a blue tunic.

Her grin widened as she remembered Keefe was wearing one, daring towards his direction.

She kept her breaths low and softer as she found Keefe sitting on the branch of a tree, just swinging his legs, looking into the distance.

She held her breath as he sat up straight, as if feeling something.

Right, he could feel her emotions.

She tried her best to hold her emotions, if that was even possible, slamming her body against the trunk, hoping that Keefe wouldn't find her before she could tag him.