2|Bake Sale

Keefe turned around almost immediately, with the expression like he just saw a ghost.

As Sophie opened her mouth to explain, Edaline popped in.

"You two okay?" She smiled. "Yep, almost done!" Sophie smiled back, hoping Edaline wouldn't see how humiliated Sophie was.

Edaline left as quickly as she walked in, and Sophie buried her face in her hands.

"Sorry that was just- Argh, I like you okay? It's weird and all, since you're my best friend, and it's okay if you reject me because I mean-"

Sophie squeaked as she got interrupted by Keefe. Well specifically his lips were on hers, and somehow, it didn't feel wrong at all.

She cupped his face as he leaned down, because he was that much taller than her, and she sank into him, letting him support her.

It felt like everything else didn't matter anymore, like time had stopped and everything else clicked in place.

As they parted, Sophie was pretty sure her face was even redder, if that was even possible.

"Does that mean you didn't reject me?" Sophie asked meekly.

"Actually, you could say that I always liked you," Keefe was blushing, and Sophie found that pretty cute.

"Oh," Sophie breathed.

"That was nice," she blurted, then immediately regretted as he smirked.

"That was my first kiss you know," he said, not meeting Sophie's eyes. "Really?" She asked, a little taken aback.

She knew that he never had a girlfriend, and that he wasn't the type to be a player and kiss anyone, but still, she was pretty sure any girl would pay to kiss him.

"Yup, so that was pretty special," he grinned as Sophie smiled back.

"So, are we like, a thing now?" Sophie felt her face burn even more just thinking about it.

They could hold hands, they could share their food, go to cinemas together-

Wait, they were already doing that. Huh, it wasn't so different after all. No wonder why some people would misunderstand.

"Well, that's up to you, are you comfortable with it?" Why did he have to be so caring and considerate?

"I'm fine with it," Sophie said, a little too quickly.

His face lit up with a smile. "Okay then."

They got the cupcakes ready, Sophie ate her second cupcake much to Keefe's protest and packed them up into their boxes.

"Are you going to stay for dinner?" Sophie asked, then realising how clingy she sounded.

"If you want me to I can. I could postpone the fencing class," Keefe smriked as she nodded immediately.

"Mom! Can Keefe stay for dinner?" Sophie ran up to Edaline, who started cooking after they were done.

"Sure! Make yourself at home Keefe!" Edaline had one of her goofy smiles, and Sophie and Keefe played their own little game they made.

It was truth or dare but with a staring competition, and both of them will have to do either a truth or dare, just that the winner can choose first and the loser has to choose the other one.

The game may sound boring, but it could entertain them for hours. So that was what they did.

And Sophie just had to dare Keefe to tell her parents they were a thing now.

"They'll kill me!" He hissed. Sophie laughed. "Too bad, you picked the dare," she giggled.

His eyes were dancing with fear as he went to Grady, since Edaline was busy preparing dinner.

"Um, Grady?" He asked meekly.

"Yeah kiddo?" He grunted.

"Sophie and I are a thing now. Don't worry, this is just a dare, we aren't actually together, but in a way yes, but no- This is just a dare!" He gulped as every word made Grady's eyes widen a little bigger.

Sophie, who was monitoring the whole situation from upstairs, facepalmed.

"I know you can treat her well kiddo," his voice softened, and Keefe was beyond shock when he heard that.

"Okay, so you allow us to... be together?" He asked.

Grady nodded, and gave Keefe a hug. Slowly, Keefe hugged him back.

"You can come down Sophie," Grady said as Sophie squealed a little.

They had their dinner, and Keefe left shortly after.

"So you and Keefe," Grady started, and Sophie was a little shocked by how smoothly he said it, since he always called Keefe "that boy".

She nodded, and Grady and Edaline smiled. "He was smitten for you, you know. First day we met," Edaline grinned.

Sophie's face flushed. Had Keefe seriously liked her for that long?

And she thought it was bad to developed feelings for him.

"So the bake sale is tomorrow?" Grady asked.

Sophie nodded, "Keefe said he would help me sell them. This year we will be at the park."

"Okay then, we'll try to be there," Grady smiled.

Sophie ran back upstairs, taking out her phone as it buzzed.

"Did Grady say anything?" Keefe texted.

"He's happy you know." Sophie texted back.

"And good night. Love you."

She definitely did not intend to send out that "love you" part, but she still did.

Dropping her phone on her bed and running to the corner of her room, she waited for it to buzz again, scared of how Keefe would answer.

"Love you too Foster. Night!" Her smile was enormous, and she was pretty sure she would be smiling the whole night.

Keefe lied on his bed at home, a wide smile spread as he hugged his pillow.

Maybe it was too early to say "love you", since they only officially got together that very day.

But what happened if they were already in love since day 1?

That would be a whole different story.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。