Pinky Promise

Havenfield was just as peaceful as ever, the soft and relaxing breezes, the gentle swaying of the trees, and the calm silence, other than some animal noises coming from the animal pasture from moment to moment.

Sophie took in her surroundings as she looked afar at the wide, wide sea.

The clashes of the waves against the shore was simply so relaxing, Sophie could stay under the nice and cooling shade under the gentle embrace of the panakes tree forever.

"I thought I'd find you here," a voice came from behind, one which was very familiar.

Sophie looked back, to find Keefe striding over to her, wearing his usual smirk.

She felt a smile creep onto her face as she spun back around, pretending to ignore him.

Of course, this only made Keefe want to get Sophie's attention.

He hugged her from behind, knowing Sophie loved those kind of hugs. Still, she tilted her head away from him.

"You can't ignore me foreverrr," Keefe dragged the word as he laid his head on her shoulder.

"Well, if you didn't steal all the E. L. Fudges, I wouldn't need to," Sophie huffed as she pushed him away, trying her best not to laugh at his pouty face.

"Please Foster? I said sorry! I promise that will never, ever happen again," Keefe pleaded, going back to hug Sophie.

Honestly, she had no idea how much longer she could keep up the act.

He was adorable like that, begging her just for her mere forgiveness, she felt like an evil queen with him as her henchman.

So, she staged a long sigh, trying to give him the best glare ever.

"Stop doing this to me!" She playfully punched his arm, and he frowned.

"Doing what?" He asked, letting go of her.

"The face and voice you do when you're trying to make me forgive you," she laughed as she lay back against his chest, then getting back up remembering she was supposed to be angry at him.

She groaned, not sure if she could keep doing this to him for any longer, especially with the way he seemed so sad and sorry.

She spun, smiling as she met his sad gaze.

"Pinky promise?" She asked, holding up her pinky.

"What's that?" Keefe asked, now brighter that Sophie was going to talk to him.

"It's a human thing where you intertwine your pinkie, and this promise can never be broken, if not you will suffer undesirable consequences."

Sophie said it with the most stern voice she could master to try to scare Keefe, and it kind of worked.

He gulped as he replied, "Okay, Pinky Promise."

As their pinkies laced together, Sophie leaned forward, planting a quick kiss onto Keefe's lips.

"That was for sorry for ignoring you," Sophie smiled as Keefe's cheeks started turning red.

"Heyyyyy you're blushing!" Sophie cheered as the pinkie promise ended, Keefe turning away to cover his face.

"So, you want to play?" He challenged as he cupped her face, giving Sophie a soft and gentle kiss.

Sophie was a little startled at first, and a little panakes blossom landed on his head, making her laugh as they parted.

"Now you're blushing Foster!" Keefe smirked as Sophie placed her hand up to take the blossom away.

"Psh, you know I do that easily, that's not fair!" Sophie cried in defeat as she sat down, stroking the trunk of Calla's panakes tree.

"True, but it's still fun Foster," Keefe smriked as he sat down next to her.

Sophie played with a blossom, then putting it on Keefe's head.

She laughed as his eyes darted up playfully, as if trying to see where she put the blossom.

"I think it'll look better on you, Foster," he said carefully as he tucked it into the side of her ear.

Sophie knew her face was heating up, really fast, as the trace of his finger tickled her ear.

He smiled as he titled his head, as if trying to find the perfect angle to capture her look with the panakes blossom.

He stared at Sophie for a while, before leaning in to give her a small kiss.

Sophie kissed back of course, how could she not.

And his lips tasted like mallowmelt, so she was pretty sure Edaline gave him some before he came over to find her.

A smile was curved along his lips as he kissed her, as if smiling the whole time.

If Sophie counted correctly, this was their twenty seventh kiss, since they started dating about a month back.

Just as their lips were about to part, Sophie didn't want it to end.

She lifted up her hand, starting to ruff up his hair.

She knew he hated people doing that, but for some reason his hair was so soft, it was almost impossible not to do it at least once in a while.

Keefe grabbed her waist in response, pulling her closer, which she gladly abide.

They finally parted, Sophie laid against his chest, breathing a little heavily.

"Can you promise me something?" She asked, holding up her pinky.

He held out his, ready to commit even without her saying anything else.

"What?" He asked.

"Promise to never leave me," she frowned, hoping that it would add to the seriousness.

Keefe planted a quick kiss to her forehead.

"Already done Foster. But we can still pinky promise!"

He intertwined their pinkies, and Sophie laid back, leaning fully on Keefe, knowing that he would always be there to catch her.

And she knew that for a fact, that the Pinky Promise he made would never be broken.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。