The Gold Notebook

*if you haven't read Flashback, you might not know about Keefe's notebooks, but don't worry! It's not a spoiler! (I'll explain it to you as you read) Okay, on to the one-shot!

Sophie checked her imparter for any calls from anyone, but there were still no new notifications of any sort.

She sighed as she laid down on her bed, wondering what to do for the time being.

No news from since the Black Swan last gave them a little note, which was also about them having no idea of what to do, so she was pretty much stuck with nothing to do.

Well, she was looking for notifications from one person specifically, who would always drop her a call around this time.

She pouted as she grabbed it, still receiving nothing on the square screen.

Maybe he was busy, she thought as she tapped her pencil on the notebook, not knowing what to do at all.

Her face lit up as she thought of a brilliant idea.

She rushed to the mirror to give a quick fix to her hair, only to see the Vertina's small face scrunching up her nose.

"Ew, are you going out like that? It's a disaster," Vertina stated rather bluntly.

Sophie didn't really seem to know what was wrong with what she was wearing, and she was pretty sure no one else would.

Still, she placed the hairbrush into Vertina's palm, letting her work her magic.

"So, who are you going to visit today? And I know it's a boy, I can see the little twinkle in you eyes," Vertina giggled as Sophie blushed.

"My friend," Sophie shrugged, wanting to place the "boy" in front of it, but she was pretty sure Vertina would ask for all the details and the little hairstyling would take forever to complete.

Luckily for her, Vertina stopped asking, having a little grin on her face.

Soon enough, her hair was done with a half-ponytail, which she had to say, looked great.

At least far better than the tangled state her hair was in before.

"Thank you," Sophie beamed as Vertina smiled.

"I'll be back when you have another fashion crisis, and I bet that would be soon," Vertina laughed as she glittered away.

The worst part was, she just might be right.

Sophie snatched the imparter on the bed, holding up the leaping crystal as Sandor decided to come in.

And with that, they both glittered into the light.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The Shores of Solace was far from welcoming, but the scenery was amazing, Sophie couldn't disagree.

She hastily went through the process of avoiding Lord Cassius's questions as she went up, hoping very much that he would just ask his own son about what was going on in his life.

"So are you two a couple now?"

That question threw Sophie off-board.

She knew her emotions would give her away, but it didn't mean that she could try right?

"No," she gulped, hoping that her efforts of holding her breath will help stop her emotions from pouring out too.

His lips curled into an oily grin as he said, "Very well, he should be in his room."