2|6th Street

A whole ten years.

Ten years ever since he moved here, and it was a miracle his parents decided to settle down at this little street.

Keefe gazed out of his window, seeing Sophie tapping her pen on her book, doing her homework, which Keefe conveniently forgotten about.

If  seven year old Sophie ever knew that she looked this beautiful when she grew up, she would probably laugh it off, but it was true.

Keefe had to idea whether it was because of those pretty brown eyes, the way she would always seem so comfortable with him, or maybe even just her being her.

But he made a grave mistake.

One that he probably wouldn't wish to change too, if he ever had the chance.

He may have... accidentally... just a little ting bit... nothing to worry about..

Fallen.

Laugh at him if you want, to be crushing so hard on his oblivious best friend, but he was dead serious about it.

He wasn't the best at hiding it, he had to admit, but she was oblivious, sometimes Keefe wished it wasn't so painful, but at least he could keep it from her easily.

That wasn't the important part though, the thing was, she had a crush on Fitz, his closest friend in his class.

Which should have been expected, since he was considered to be a "Golden Boy", and that stung.

A lot.

It didn't help that she would be caught daydreaming about him, especially when he was doing the same about her.

It hurt.

Way more than it should.

He gazed out of the window, wondering if he should drop by.

She seemed to be distracted into a different world with her ear buds in, listening to music as she tapped her feet to the rhythm of the music.

Great, he was staring again.

Pull yourself together, Keefe reminded himself as he got up.

Even though Sophie had warned him every single day about the danger of climbing on the tree, especially when its three stories above ground, Keefe always ignored them.

Well, it wasn't really considered ignoring, because he acknowledged them, but it was cute when she worries.

He carefully stepped on the window ledge and swung himself up on the steady branch on the tree, the familiar movement memorized by his muscles already.

He knocked on Sophie's window, sitting down on the branch, waiting for her to open.

Right, she couldn't hear him.

He peeked in, and waved, trying to get her attention.

Her eyes caught his, and he could hear her sigh even with the window closed.

"Seriously, one day you're going to injure yourself," Sophie huffed, opening the window.

Keefe smriked. "Wanna join me though? It's almost sunset," he asked, holding out his hand for her to take.

Sophie thought about it for a while.

She carefully went to her door, locked it to make sure Grady and Edaline wouldn't freak out to know she was going to do it, and stepped on the window ledge, hesitating before taking a shaky step on the branch.

"Steady there, Foster!" Keefe laughed as her grip on his arm tightened, her body trying to balance.

She finally managed to sit down, and she understood why Keefe liked sitting around here so much.