3|Battle Kisses

Keefe

It was all nothingness.

Everything was numb, as if he was trapped in some kind of void.

Maybe he was, he couldn't be too sure of anything.

Yet everything was so peaceful, quiet and calm.

Abnormally so.

He wandered around the darkness, unsure of where he was.

Maybe this wasn't even real, just his subconsiouness in yet another space.

But how?

Everything from before seemed pretty hazy, and no memory of any sort seemed to be able to come to his mind.

One thing was for sure, he was in trouble.

Nothing new here though.

It felt odd, to feel nothing, like he wasn't even in his own body.

Strange, he noted.

Maybe he could find a way to get out, there will always be one.

And so that he started to work on.

But you can't build houses with sand, and that pretty much applied to the current situation.

Then there was light.

A small glimpse of it, that was all it took for hope to be rekindled.

He started to run towards that tiny seep in this bizarre void of emptiness, just trying to keep up with that flying piece of aglow.

Then things started piecing up together, or somewhat so.

Blurred memories came crashing through the blackness, like his whole life was unfolding in front of him.

It wasn't pleasant at all.

Lady Gisela and Lord Cassius were the more prominent ones of course, their judgemental, disappointed, disgusted sneers and harsh words each an obstacle, challenging his path to the glowing orb he was trying so hard to chase.

The words still stung though.

His vision was blurred by the unknowing tears, and he forced himself to once again push against it.

"Put on a happy face, they'll go away," he whispered to himself, finding comfort in the doubt.

He had to fight-

The Neverseen.

The thought crashed so abruptly, then did he remember what was going on.

Sophie!

He left her there, would she be freaking out if he got cut off?

Silently cursing under his breath, he started sprinting towards to light.

He needed to get out of here, as fast as possible.

She was probably in danger already!

He gritted his teeth at how foolish he was to make that move.

Seriously, to leave an injured person there all alone, in a battle, he had to add.

The gold orb seemed to be drifting even further, and the darkness surrounding the whole place made it seem like an endless chase.

He had to fight for everything.

He couldn't bare it if something happened to her-

That would ruin his world, for some reason he didn't really want to admit aloud, not that he wasn't that subtle about it either, but then again she was always so darn oblivious and all-