2|Parties

Havenfield already had a lot of people coming through the gates, all dressed in pretty gowns and neatly ironed suits.

Biana, Fitz and Sophie squeezed through the crowd to get to the main property while others headed for the huge hall.

"Ah! Sophie, you're here! Great, we'll be making our entrance soon as the hosts." Edaline made final touches to Sophie's hair.

"Wait, we have our own entrance?!" Sophie shrieked as Biana giggled.

"Yes honey. And you look beautiful. Now come on, we should go there soon." Edaline smiled.

Sophie was utterly terrified.

No one said anything about having to have a special entrance, in front of 200 people no less.

Sophie was really dreading this thing now. "Well, we'll be sure to see you! Bye!" Biana waved as she grabbed Fitz and they went out.

Sophie took a few more deep breaths to calm herself down. It was just walking down some stairs, no biggie.

Yet knowing herself, she was probably going to trip and fall and make the biggest fool out of herself in front of the huge crowd.

"You'll do fine kiddo. Come on, five minutes now." Grady took Sophie's clammy palm and they walked to the extended hall together.

The room was with soft music, and Sophie could already see the the table of desserts she was going to make a run for right after going down the polished stairs.

She took a deep breath. Nothing bad was going to happen.

Grady's hold tightened as they walked out to the stairs, and all eyes laid on them, and they did not make Sophie any less uneasy.

"Hello everyone! Hope you are having fun so far..." Edaline smiled as she addressed the crowd, but Sophie was busy glancing around the room for anyone she was familiar with.

Then she spotted him.

He gave his trademark smirk and gave a thumbs up sign, and somehow, that made Sophie a little better, even without the blue waves he would send when she was panicking.

She smiled back at him, and soon, she walked down the stairs, extremely grateful to Biana for not making her wear heels.

Grady and Edaline walked in front of her, because she didn't want that much attention, and she looked at each step cautiously as she took a step down.

And down.

She was just about to celebrate for getting down the stairs without tripping at all, she noticed the lishberry juice on the floor.

Taking the last cautious step down, she felt a great sense of pride for getting down successfully without making a fool of herself.

Then she felt a nudge.

Pushed forward by the force, she slipped on the juice, reading for a loud thud and a whole night more of humiliation, she fell.

"Phew," she heard a voice say as she hit something. The floor was softer than she thought.

When she finally worked up the courage to open her eyes, she realised Keefe had grabbed her by her waist right before she fell.

And she stayed there in shock, more pairs of eyes staring at the two.

She felt her face flush red as she got up immediately, almost hitting his jaw as she did.

"I'm so sorry!" She squeaked. "Eh, it's fine. Quite an entrance you had there," Keefe winked.

"Please don't remind me," Sophie groaned. She looked at his outfit. It was a suit! "Hey, my father made me wear this, if that was what you were thinking."

"It looks nice on you," Sophie said, and immediately regretted it as she realised how that sounded like.

"You look pretty great yourself," Keefe remarked. "Biana," Sophie smiled as she walked to the desserts table.

"Have you seen any other of our friends?" Sophie said as she grabbed a custard burst.

"Nope, you were all I saw," Keefe said, purposely trying to make Sophie blush again.

"Oh shut up," Sophie mumbled, but her lips twitched into a smile.

The two laughed as they ate their desserts.

Then the music changed.

Grady and Edaline started to dance, and they looked so cute together! Sophie couldn't help but have that goofy smile Edaline would always have.

"Care for a dance Foster?" Keefe smirked, reaching out his hand.

Sophie laughed. "Sure, but don't act all formal. It's so funny," she giggled.

Keefe's smirk grew even wider. From the corner of Sophie's eye, she saw Biana and Dex dancing too.

"Hey, just a heads up, if I step on your foot it isn't my fault," Sophie warned.

"Yeah, I saw you doing ballroom dancing before, remember? Valin was so in loveeee with you!" Keefe teased.

The horrid memory filled Sophie's mind, and Sophie purposely stepped on his foot for that.

"Sorry?" She grinned as Keefe gave her a teasing glare.

"Sheesh, I never knew you were so mean, Foster." Keefe said.

"Whatever you say, Sencen." Sophie mimicked his voice, and for the first time actually nailing it.

"Oh! I have something to show you," Sophie remembered as the first dance ended.

Keefe gave her a questioning look as she grabbed his arm and leaded him out of the hall, ignoring Edaline's goofy smile and Grady's cautious glare.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.