2|Proposals

Keefe started preparing the picnic since afternoon.

In the two story house Sophie and him had settled in after three years of them dating, Keefe had specially asked the gnomes to create a garden for this special day a week ago.

There were sometimes when Sophie suspected noises coming from the back of the house, but Keefe waved it off as just Silveny playing.

The house they stayed in were around valleys of flowers, so that Silveny and her family could visit more often and without the fear of Vika coming for a check up.

The garden was finally set up, and Keefe had planned it to have faity lights surrounding it so that it would be a sight to see at night.

He walked around the garden, looking at every perfect rose and flowers surrounding the little glass dome in the middle of the garden.

She was going to love this.

After making sure there was enough mallowmelt and the glob of food he made which tasted like steak, according to Sophie, he went back into the house to make sure he looked presentable.

"Is wearing suit too obvious?" Keefe asked Ro, who was now coating her blue nails with gold glitter, apparently already getting ready for the engagement later on.

"Eh, up to you. I mean, it's your anniversary, so I don't think so." Ro shrugged.

"So helpful," Keefe remarked sarcastically as he went to take a look at himself in the mirror.

It was already seven, and the sun was setting. Sophie should be coming back soon.

He ruffled his hair to the right messy, then went downstairs to get ready for her arrival, hoping really hard he wouldn't screw things up.

¤¤¤¤¤

Sophie leapt to her house, which seemed more intimidating than ever, and walked in.

She opened the gates, seeing Keefe with a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh?" She teased, kissing Keefe on the cheek. "Happy anniversary!" He smirked. "Really? I forgot!" Sophie pretended to be shocked.

"Whatever you say Foster. You're not the empath here," Keefe reminded her yet again.

"Where are we going for dinner?" Sophie asked, looking at him all well dressed.

"Right. That's a surprise. Close your eyes." Keefe grinned.

"Must I?" Sophie asked.

"Just close them!" Keefe said.

Sophie set the bouquet on the table as she closed her eyes.

She felt his gentle grasp on her hand, and their fingers intertwined.

He lead them to somewhere, probably out of the house since Sophie almost tripped when there was a step.

She heard her footsteps on something like pebbles, and she wondered at which part of the house they were at.

"Okay, now open." Keefe's voice instructed, and Sophie opened her eyes slowly.

He flipped a switch, and fairy lights lit up to a glass dome in the middle of the flowers.

"Surprise!" His smile was so wide, Sophie was speechless.

It was so beautiful.

"Wow," she finally managed to say as he led her to the dome.

In it was a simple picnic mat, and a basket of food.

"You prepared this?" Sophie asked, now regretting that she didn't make the first move to prepare something for him too.

"Yup! Dig in!" He smirked as he passed her a plate with a jello looking thing.

She poked it and had a bite, and it tasted much like steak. She was almost moved to tears. He remembered her saying this was one of her favourites.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"Anything for you Foster," he smiled.

They leaned against each other as they ate the mallowmelt, gazing up to the dark blue sky above them, the fairy lights glistening like the stars.

Sophie took a deep breath. Her hand slid to her pocket where the ring box was kept, and slowly, she took it out, getting up.

Keefe looked at her, with so much adoration in his eyes.

She took one more bit into the mallowmelt, and it hit something hard.

Her eyes widened in shock as the fork dug out something. A band.

A ring.

"Sophie Foster, I know I kay not be very good at this, but I just want you to know that I love you and nothing will ever change that. No matter how broken I am, no matter how far apart we are. I will and forever will-"

Sophie cut him off, tears streaming down her cheeks as she kissed him.

Keefe felt the wave of happiness radiating off her, and titled his head to deepen the kiss.

After they finally split apart, Keefe looked at her. "So, was that a yes?" He asked.

Sophie took out a tiny box out from the pocket of her beautiful ice blues dress.

It was ever so tiny, with a perfectly tied blue ribbon with specks of gold.

"I would say yes if you do," she whispered, the ring she revealed exactly the same as the one Keefe chose for her.

Keefe laughed as he cleaned the ring with a napkin, both of them sliding the rings onto each others fingers.

They kissed again, wondering if they could ever be happier than now.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。