1|Still Friends?

[Human AU]

It had been around two years since Sophie had become friends with Keefe, and you could way they were almost insuperable best friends.

It was kind of a mystery how those two became friends. They were literal opposites.

Sophie was the model student. Hardworking, straight A student, taking notes 24/7, and anyone you ask could go on and on about how studious she was.

She only landed in detention once, and you could already guess and assume that it was because of Keefe.

Keefe on the other hand, was the school's best prankster. He loved to make fun of the teachers, as if that was a full time job for him

Rumours said once, someone made fun of Sophie, and Keefe had set something really special for him.

He ended up stinking for a whole week, so it's best to stay on his good side.

Yet somehow, despite his frequent ditching of lessons, he managed to top his cohort every year, and don't ask Sophie how he did it.

Her expression was priceless when he didn't take notes.

Yet something about Sophie made Keefe, kind of, fall for her. It was pretty weird to think about it, having a crush on your best friend, but thanks to Sophie's pure obliviousness, no matter how big he messed up, she somehow managed to not catch the slightest hint.

Or maybe she shrugged it off.

The thing was, Sophie had been acting even weirder around Keefe, he realised.

The worst part was, she avoided him for a whole three days.

She didn't answer his calls, texts, emails, anything! Even Biana, her close friend, gave him a glare as she told him she fell sick.

Keefe finally made the decision to find Sophie right after classes.

To make sure he did nothing wrong, he replayed the most recent conversations with Sophie.

She was totally the same, blushing, still feisty, they were completely normal. He did notice one thing.

She blushed a little more frequently, and he might have a theory for that he rather not share.

"Psh, why wait for lessons to be over? I can ditch," he remembered as quickly glanced at the clock.

Sophie's constant nagging for attending lessons impacted him more than he realised. He even overlooked that he could ditch! Now that was something.

"Foster, I'm coming over to your dorm," Keefe texted. He then glanced through the other messages he sent. They were delivered, but not seen.

Strange, blue ticking was way worse than just not seeing at all.

He quickly grabbed a tiny pin with a weird creature that he called Krakie, which would always use to cheer Sophie up, and left.

Using the spare key Sophie gave him in case of emergencies, he opened the door, not really bothering to knock.

Sophie's face was hidden under her pillow, and with a muffled voice, she asked, "Biana?"

Keefe hated this voice she used. He knew her well enough to know that that was her hurt voice, and the worse part was that he didn't know what was hurting her.

"No Foster, it's me. Are you okay?" Keefe mastered his softest voice as he inched closer to her bed.

Immediately after hearing "Foster", since only Keefe used that nickname for her, she bolted up.

She didn't tackle hug him.

She didn't even smile.

She shot him a glare, that would've left him to wither.

"What's wrong?" Keefe asked, confused.

"What's wrong? You sent that text!" Sophie yelled, tears brimming her puffy eyes.

"Text, what text? I couldn't get in touch with you for days!" Keefe said, exasperately. Sophie frowned, as confused as Keefe.

"Huh? Then what's this?" She scooted closer to him as she took out her phone, then scooting away, remembering she needed to be angry with him.

Honestly, she was adorable to Keefe when she did that. But he had a feeling that it was best not to tease her now that she was on this mood.

Keefe unlocked her phone, since he got the password out of her, and quickly scrolled down to his name.

True enough, with blue hearts to his name, might he add, there was a text went three days ago. Right on the day Sophie started ignoring him.

His frown deepened as he read it.

"Sophie, quit being so annoying! You keep interrupting me when I'm talking, bugging me with my other friends, and it's making me have a bad reputation with my other friends! I have a life too you know! So don't even bother talking to me anymore, we are no longer friends!"

Keefe had no idea what came over him, but he started laughing.

Laughing at how fake that text was, and how gullible Sophie was to believe it.

Sophie but her bottom lip, frowning as she said. "What?"

"You dummy. This isn't even my number!" Keefe laughed harder as she tapped on the contact info, and true enough, the number wasn't his.

She then keyed in his real number, and under blocked contacts, it came up.

Realisation dawned upon her, hitting her like a sledgehammer as she realised the predicament and utter humiliation  she set for herself.

675 messages were coming from Keefe, 37 calls and even 18 emails popped up from her phone once she un-blocked him.

Her face flushed with embarrassment as she looked at his desperate efforts to talk to her.

Still, being stubborn as she was, she spun to Keefe and hit him on the head.

"You are the dummy! Why didn't you come sooner?"

Then she wrapped him into a tackle hug.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what made me believe that," she whispered.

Keefe left her melt as he hugged her back. "Its okay, you're a dummy for a reason."

Probably not a good time to tell that joke. Sophie immediately forced her head up, crashing into his jaw.

He narrowed his eyes as Sophie laughed.

Just like that, they were already back to the good old times.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。