Nightmares

Sophie jolted up awake, finding herself shivering. "They're not real, they're not real," she chanted to herself, trying to convince her stubborn mind that it was just another mere nightmare.

Even though the Neverseen had been defeated for years now, Sophie still had terrifying nightmares haunting her sleep, especially recently.

Now shivering and waking up in the middle of the might was a normal thing to her. But she always had a solution for that.

She grabbed Ella, don't judge her, since she still had her soft toy elephant even after graduating from Foxfire, and headed out of her room.

She tiptoed, not wanting to even alert Sandor or her parents. Sandor still understood what was going on though, so he let her get out, but insists on following her, which Sophie gladly complied to.

She took out a crystal and walked into the path of light.

The Shores of Solace looked really peaceful at night, and although it was all dark outside, she knew this place well enough to get around.

That did not mean she didn't stub her toe, or accidentally bump into walls as she walked.

She really didn't want to wake up Lord Cassiud, but Keefe told her that he was a heavy sleeper, and his room was pretty far from the main entrance.

She made her way to Keefe's room, which he left unlocked at night just in case of days like these when Sophie just needed some company.

She walked into his room, Ro was sitting on a chair and grinning at her to whole time.

Keefr looked especially peaceful when he was sleeping, with his messy blond hair still in the same messy way and even his freckles looked adorable with the moonlight.

Sophie really didn't want to wake up this cinnamon roll, and she took a deep breath before she decided to make her way out.

"Foster?" A voice came from behind as Sophie turned around. A little guilty for waking him up, yet relieved that she had company, she scooted over to him.

"Nightmares again?" He asked as she snuggled next to him, feeling his warm embrace.

She nodded meekly as she sunk her head into his chest. She could get used to having someone sleeping next to her.

"You know, if this continues you should talk to Elwin, it's not healthy. We can try to find an alternative if you don'twant to eat sedatives," Keefe suggested sleepily.

"Nope, you can be my cure," Sophie said as she felt Keefe's jaw go up, as if he was smiling.

"Okay then, sleep tight Foster. Did you lock the door?" Keefe asked.

"On it!" Ro quickly called as Sophie heard a click.

Sophie leaned against him, feeling all her worries go away as she felt the rhythmic beating of his heart and soft rising of his chest.

"Have I told you that I love you?" she whispered as she snuggled.

"Maybe. Love you too. Now I want to sleep," Keefe waved her off teasingly, and Sophie closed her eyes, smiling.

That night, she didn't have any nightmares at all.

Just dreams about those pretty ice blues eyes.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。