4|Their Story

Five years.

It seemed to have passed in a blink of an eye, and Sophie wouldn't have believed that she received a book deal for her first novel to be published.

Her life was finally going on such a great path.

She had the best guy ever by her side, for almost six years now, if you consider their one year of friendship.

They had their little apartment now, bought together with their hard-earned savings from their jobs.

Her youth seemed to be a past time now, and now she was doing what she loved, together with the person she loved most.

What else could ever measure her bliss and ecstasy right here and now?

Although being a writer was almost as exhausting as studying mathematics, at least she was free from the confusing equations and all.

She and Keefe could work at home, all thanks to her being an author and Keefe running his very own art museum, and it was the best she ever saw, no bias, she swore.

It was out for the public to see just earlier in the year, and she never really seen Keefe ever so happy before.

"Foster? Do you have a new idea?" Keefe teased as he sat down next to her on the sofa.

Sophie grunted.

"Nope, not even one. How on earth am I going to link this plot to this information?"

She cried as she pointed to the scribbled notes on her laptop, constant reminders that she has yet to link the two any better than her readers.

"Don't worry, you'll find a way," Keefe smirked as Sophie leaned against his shoulder, taking a quick break.

"Hey, you know what, I'm just going to read before I continue," she yawned as she got up, glancing at the dark sky. Had she been working for so long already?

Keefe nodded as he took out the book.

"Just finished annotating!" he flashed her a smile, and Sophie laughed as she took the book, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"You're the best," she smiled as she went to her bed.

She flipped to the first chapter and saw a sticky note on the page.

"Still remember the taco place?"

It was written in Keefe's handwriting, Sophie noticed.

A smile spread wide on Sophie's face as she flipped through the pages, a sticky note on every chapter of the book.

A pair of arms wrapped around her from behind, and she leaned back, sure she was still grinning at her idiot.

"Like it?" he asked, his voice excited and hopeful.

Sophie glanced up, meeting his gaze.

"Were you this bored during the meeting?" She asked instead, and Keefe sunk back, sulking.

She giggled as she gave a small peck to his cheek.

"Come on, I was just kidding," she laughed as she threw a pillow at Keefe.

Keefe smirked, picking up the pillow.

"You don't know who you're messing with Foster," he warned, taking a step closer to her.

"Oh? I don't?"Sophie raised a mischievous eyebrow, leaning forward.

"Nope," Keefe smirked wider, his breath warm on Sophie's cheek.