2|Their Story

Everything seemed to be timeless, also probably since Sophie had a lot of fun listening to how Keefe managed to prank the principal.

She never knew she would come to be friends with someone like Keefe, since, after all, she was pretty much a nobody and his parents owned a company.

A huge company at that, although he seemed to be pretty uncomfortable with the topic, so Sophie decided not to pressure it.

Soon enough, from the dull and hazy morning, it became the afternoon, and they seemed to know each other already, even with the few hours spent together.

"Do you have anything this afternoon?" Sophie asked, a little hope in her voice.

"Nope, do you?" Keefe asked.

"Nothing at all," Sophie replied.

"Lunch?" Both of them asked in unison, and they laughed, seeing how they already read each other's intentions.

"So, any place nearby you would recommend? We could just have McDonalds," Keefe laughed, and Sophie waved goodbye to Aunt Marg.

"Hm, I do know a pretty good taco place. You up?" Sophie asked, suddenly noticing the height difference.

"Sure thing. How are you this tiny? Are you really a high school student?" Keefe teased as he bent down to meet her eye for the extra effect.

Sophie kicked his shoe.

"Yes I'm sure, I'm not that short. I think I'm pretty average," Sophie defended, trying to straighten her back to seem taller.

Keefe laughed. "You're cute when you get all pouty."

Sophie knew he meant it as a tease, but it still made her stupid heart flutter, even for that split second.

I barely know him, she tried to reason with herself.

For all she knew, he could be a psychopath plotting when to kill her or something, but he did seem too cute to be one.

Her face flushed even brighter, she was well aware, as she glanced up, to see Keefe still oblivious to her jumbled emotions.

Argh, seriously maybe she just needed more friends.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"This is, pretty good," Keefe agreed as he took a bite of his taco, and Sophie laughed as he left the mustard and ketchup on the side of his face.

"What are you, six?" She asked, pointing to his cheek.

"On a scale of one to five, yes," he joked as he tried to wipe it off, missing some of it.

"Fine, what are you, a six-year-old?" She asked again, stifling her laugh.

"Nope, I'm a four at heart," Keefe smirked, and Sophie had to add.

"On a scale of one to five," she laughed as Keefe narrowed his eyes on her.

"Seriously though, there's still some," Sophie laughed, pointing to the side of her mouth for a demonstration.

Keefe tried again, and still failed.

"Nevermind, I'll just get that," she sighed, standing up a little to wipe it off.

Keefe stared at her in amusement for a moment, before going back to eat his taco, then did Sophie realize what she did.

Argh, kill her from the embarrassment, please.