1|Not Alone

Reminder: Ask your questions for the QnA here!

"Two whole days? So I will have to spend a night alone here?" Sophie asked, glancing at Edaline and Grady nervously.

She knew they were going on an overnight mission together, but she never really thought about having to spend the night alone.

"We could ask if you want to spend the night at Dex's? Or Everglen? Or maybe even the Shores of So-"

Sophie's eyes lit up at Edaline's suggestion, but it was immediately cut short as Grady butt in.

"Not That Boy's place!" He cried. Edaline and Sophie laughed, "Grady, they're already together. Besides, he wouldn't do anything. You know him."

Edaline tried to convince Grady as Sophie flushed red.

"Its okay, I'm big now. I can stay just one night alone," Sophie smiled, hoping that that would convince her ever-worrying parents to just trust her enough to give her the house for just a day.

And hopefully they won't find it burnt to ashes the next day when they returned.

"You sure? We could ask Keefe, I'm sure he'll be fine with it," Edaline gave her a goofy smile as Grady grunted in protest.

"I can handle myself mom," Sophie laughed as she went to hug her parents before they went.

"Alright honey, we believe you," Edaline kissed the top of her forehead as they wrapped up into a family hugged.

"Just stay away from That Boy," Grady sighed, and Sophie laughed as Edaline pinched him.

"Be safe! We'll be back soon!" Edaline waved before they stepped into the light.

Sophie smiled as she waved, Sandor standing behind her.

"You'll listen to Grady, right?" He asked, his squeaky voice still reminding her of a tiny bunny rather than a seven foot tall goblin.

Sophie shurgged as she grinned, "Maybe?"

She sat on the sofa, wondering what to do now that she had the whole house to herself, for two more days no less.

Just as she was pondering on what to do, a knock came from the door.

She squinted as she looked at Sandor, who went over to check on who it was before sighing and walking away.

She took it as a sign to know it's safe.

Opening the door, the familiar smirk and ice blue eyes greeted her.

"Keefe!" She laughed as she went over to hug him.

"We just saw each other yesterday, Foster. No need to get so excited," Keefe laughed as he hugged back, Ro scoffing as she strode in.

"Psh, he was literally jumping once he got the hail from Edaline. She said you needed company," Ro grinned, showing all her pointy teeth.

Keefe and Sophie both flushed red as they let go. Keefe scrunched his nose, "I wasn't that bad."

Sophie laughed as she sat back down on the sofa, Sandor sighing, knowing that if the two of them were together, it meant they were up to no good.

But he had to get use to trouble now, since they were together, so it was even the more expected that something could go wrong in all the ways it shouldn't.

"So, what do you want to do?" Keefe asked as he sat down next to her, and Sophie instinctively laid her head on his shoulder, staring at nothing in particular.