Flower Crown

"Come on Foster, this is getting boring!" Keefe grumbled as Sophie panted, trying her best to catch up with him.

"It's not my fault I don't have long legs," she argued, trying to keep her blush away.

"Someone's emotions are high," Keefe smirked as Sophie finally reached the top of the stairs.

"That's only because I want to smack you with a chair," Sophie huffed, striding past him to head to their allocated bookshelf.

Keefe had dragged her to detention, to her very dismay, and so they were stuck rearranging books for a whole week.

Keefe really had outdone himself this time.

Sophie still hasn't forgiven him yet, but she was pretty sure he already knew that she had if he could be so casual.

Then again, she could never hold a grudge against him.

Not that she had anything for him!

Definitely no feelings, 100% nope.

Or at least that's what she had been trying to convince herself.

Her heart seemed to believe otherwise, and it is standing firm on its stand, much to her frustration.

Now she was stuck with him for a whole week.

All thanks to him who had the brilliant idea to include her in his masterplan of stuffing the cuddleroot in Lady Cadence's bag.

Just great.

At least detention was after school, so once they served it they were free to go.

And, another bonus was that sorting out books were way better than ballroom dancing...

If she had to dance with Keefe...

"Foster! You there?"

A voice snapped Sophie back to her disappointing reality until she realized the mentor in charge of detention for the day was walking their way then did she start to pack the books.

"Thanks," she whispered to him as she held her head low, trying to forget the scenario she was created in her head moments ago.

He gave her a wink. "I take it as the Great Foster Grudge is over?"

Sophie sighed, forgetting all about being cold to him.

"You're the empath," she mumbled as he laughed.

"Did I tell you that you look adorable when you're irritated?" Keefe smirked, and Sophie could feel more heat rising to her cheeks.

Oh, why have the burden of having feelings?

She ignored the statement as she took another stash of books, huffing as she realized that it was all the way to the top shelf.

She tiptoed, trying to reach up to it, then gave up shortly after seeing no point.

She glared over to Keefe, who was trying his best not to laugh at her.

"A little help?" She asked, pointing to the shelf at the top.

Keefe nodded, snickering a little which then earned a hit on the shoulder from Sophie, then helping her put it up.

"Oh wait, what's that?" Sophie glanced up, noticing a flash of gold.

Keefe squinted at the direction she was looking at, then bending down a little.

"Maybe I need to see it from your height," he teased, and Sophie glared at him.