Celestial Festival

Sophie focused on her footsteps as the amazing light performance by Orem Vacker started, trying to block out the cheers from the audience.

She remembered, this very festival a year ago, her friends and her were walking around too, monitoring and checking if there were amy Neverseen members in sight.

Sophie smiled to herself. Such memories they were. Bow they were gone for good, and it seemed like as if everyone had held their breath, they could finally breath again as the group was trapped in Exile.

Sopgie looked up, the orbs of lights like fireworks, exploding in the sky with every colour.

The group were still in touch, but it seemed like as if when Keefe and Fitz entered the Silver Towers, a part of them were missing.

Well more specifically, Sophie felt like a part of her was missing.

She perceived it as Fitz, her all time crush, and never once had a second thought about that elf with disheveled blond hair and piercing ice blue eyes.

How wrong she was.

As she continued her studies, she realised her heart ached for any glimpse of time she could find to run to find her dear friend.

It hurt even more as when she passes by him, he doesn't seem to realise her gaze as he continues to talk to his other friends.

Sophie hated every second of those times.

She wished she could forget, run away, bury, burn that very connection, but at the very same time, she wished it would never go away.

Some people said to chase them.

Chase after the person you love, and that one day, they will realise that you were always there for them.

Biana even told her that he did seem to have an interest on her, but it had been a year. Surely feelings would change, just like her feelings towards Fitz.

She continued to walk, her thoughts blurring the cheers and applause from the other elves watching the show.

She looked down, focusing on her steps, wanting to find her way out of this busy street before anyone would hear her cries.

Then she hit something.

Stumbling back, she braced for a fall, and a round of utter humiliation from everyone else around her, since she was that of a clutz.

Instead, she found herself hitting somthing a little softer, which made her to think that the ground was soft.

As she finally mastered the courage to open her eyes, she saw the familiar trademark smirk she missed so much, and her heart fluttered for that one second.

She immediately for herself up, a little too quickly as her head almost hit his chin.

"Out of all the thousands of people here, you had to bump into me, don't you Foster?" He smirked, his teasing tone the same as Sophie remembered.

"Yeah, what are you doing here?" She asked, so grateful that the sky was dark so that she could hide her blush.

"Eh, running away from Father Dearest of course. What about you? Where's Grady and Edaline?" He asked.

"Oh, they're still watching the show," she replied, wiping her face for any other tears that she missed.

"Why aren't you watching it?" Keefe asked. "Um, I was bored." Sophie quickly made up an excuse.

"Hm, there's something you aren't telling me, but I'll let it slide. After all, you have to keep your  title of the Mysterious Miss F!" Keefe teased, and Sophie realised how much she missed those little jokes.

"So, how's school?" Keefe kept his hands in his pockets as they walked out of the busy place.

"As well as school could ever be," Sophie shrugged.

They sat down at the fountain, where the statue of them with Linh as they saved Atlantis before stood behind them.

They chatted, the dim lighting adding to the calm atmosphere, especially since they were away from the screaming crowds.

Somehow, the conversation went to their old times with their friends.

"You know, I think I have a confession to make," Sophie cleared her throat, the sudden burst of confidence coming from nowhere.

"Hm? What?" Keefe asked, titling his head ever so slightly. It was already enough to make Sophie melt into a puddle of goo.

"Well, I think I like you?" She asked with a tone that seemed more of a question.

She refused to look at Keefe in the eye as she said it, not wanting to meet his eyes.

Instead, he laughed. Which added to the pain and the chances of rejection, since after a guy laughs, it would most likely to go to "but you're like a sister to me".

"Wow, you only realised this now? Then did you not know that I gave you such awfully big hints that I had this gigantic crush on you?" He laughed, and Sophie did not believe what he just said.

But he used past tense... so did what did that mean?

Sophie had no idea what to believe in now, expect for digging a hole to live there forever, or teleport away to a new life.

"I like you, Sophie." Keefe clarified as Sophie's face was staring off into space.

"But something is holding you back, I can tell." Keefe titled her chin up.

"I'm afraid of falling," Sophie whispered.

"I'll catch you Foster," Keefe promised as their faces inched closer, lips touching.

The spark between them seems to be brighter than the exploding colours Orem performed for the crowd, and Sophie never felt so right.

She closed her eyes, giving in to every last doubt she had, tilting her head to deepen the kiss.

And nothing else mattered then.

Only that she knew she had fianlly found the one.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Check out
smiles_may_vary 's awesome oneshot book, called <20 Sokeefe Moments From Heaven>! It awesome and deserves more love!!!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。