Chapter 5

I had to rewatch Deku v. Kacchan for this episode so yeet. Also I'm just mixing teams here so, yeah.
———————————————

Danny sat through English the next day, Mic wasn't as upbeat so it was incredibly tiring. The next class was fairly surprising though, AllMight busy through the door with the heroic wind; it was astonishing. "You were all required to submit hero outfits before finalization!" AllMight announced, out the wall skid cubes with numbers on them. "Your number will be the same as what you got in the assessment test!" He announced again, everyone got up and took their suits, Danny walked to No.21 and reached in. He grabbed a small case and walked to the locker rooms, the suit was exactly like his phantom suit just without the DP logo, he couldn't bring himself to wear his signature logo.

He walked out last, he practically lurked in the shadows. He arrived and AllMight was trying to keep himself from laughing, and he understood why when he saw Midoriya.

AllMight explained how the matches would be working and we all drew cards. Danny hummed and looked at his card. He looked around and found out he was matched with a guy with ice powers. He sighed; he could use ice himself, there was no need to Team him with an ice queen. Elsa Much? Danny chuckled at the thought.

They all made their way to the monitor room, first up was Midoriya, and Uraraka against Iida and Bakugou. Danny was silently pleading that Midoriya wouldn't have any major injuries. He walked over to Mr. Ice Queen and sighed.

"Eh-Hello." Danny stammered. "Hello." The boy said coldly. "The names Danny, what's your name?" Danny stuck his hand out for a handshake. "Todoroki Shoto, Todoroki is good though." Todoroki shook his hand and gave a cold chill, that made Danny smirk and he pulled power from his core, almost freezing Todoroki entire hand. The multi-colored hair boy looked a bit shook.

"What's your quirk?" Danny asked curiously. "Half got half cold. What's yours?" Todoroki hummed. "Hidden Power." Danny said, practically cringing. They talked about their quirks for a bit, and made notes on the match, about how Midoriya read Bakugous moves accurately and allowed his teammate to do her own thing.

Suddenly Bakugou and Midoriya were face to face and battling, they went head into each other, and Midoriya shot air up, allowing Uraraka to use the debris to float up and grab the bomb.

After that Momo gave an accurate description and why Iida was ultimately a go-to champion of the match.

Danny sighed and rubbed his face, no transforming into Phantom form. You've got this..
Danny was nervous, they both loaded out; they were the heroes, which was pretty easy. Todoroki ultimately froze them, which was annoying; but allowed Danny to just go and touch the bomb to secure it; and also allowed him to keep his "quirk" a secret and minimum.

————————-

"So. Your quirk wasn't used; what was that about?" Todoroki hummed. "You just did all the work, you immobilized them; all I had to do was secure it and extra points." Danny shrugged.

"Tomorrow is a training day, how about we train together?" Todoroki hummed. Danny shrugged.

———————————————

Danny woke up with a headache; he got up and got ready for training day, Aizawa occasionally made them do that for the upcoming events. Danny walked into the kitchen to see it was still early, so he made breakfast. Aizawa walked out of his room and looked a bit surprised to see the boy up and cooking. Danny hummed and put bacon and eggs on two plates and he chugged some orange juice.

"What's all this for?" Aizawa said curiously
"Today's a training day." Danny shrugged. Aizawa hummed and nodded. They both ate quickly and got ready.

————————————

They all loaded into a small field, there were multiple fake targets; and Midnight was supervising them, for some reason. "Who wants to start off?" Midnight hummed. Bakugou instantly trudged through and loaded his gauntlets, causing a deadly explosion. Midoriya was watching.

Soon it came to be Danny's turn, and he sighed knowing he couldn't get away with ditching the solo. Danny flew up. "Miss Midnight, could I get moving targets?" He sighed. Midnight nodded hesitantly and the targets started moving pretty fast.

This'll be easy.

His eyes turned green and he surged up ectoblasts; he flew around and blasted them with barely any usage of power, he landed down.

"Let's do 1 on 1!" Midnight suggested, everyone groaned, especially Danny.

Danny was teamed against Tsuyu, a girl with a frog quirk.
He sighed inwardly. They were the first match.

Tsuyu got ready, Danny instantly started blasting, acting like it was his own ability, she hopped around and pushed him into the ground; it'd be a bit more difficult then he'd thought. He flew up and glared around at her, he opened his mouth and closed his eyes, just like he taught you. He opened his eyes and shot a small bit of ice, that weakened him severely, It immobilized her and he was declared winner. He fell to the ground.

Using his powers while not in Phantom form was exhausting.

No more of that much usage from now on, he decided.

———————————————-

Reee.