Chapter 12

Clad in an asymmetrical royal blue skirt that reached just above her knees along with a white colored crop top that revealed her belly button and her small waist, Anvesha glanced her look for one last time in the mirror. Highlighting her rose-petals like lips with nude lipstick with pinkish hue, Anvesha finalized her look with simple diamond studs. Wearing brown colored wedges, Anvesha left her shoulder-length curly locks open just to bounce on her chiseled shoulders.

Satisfied with her looks, Anvesha video-called her mother to show her final looks. After getting a final nod from her over-excited mother, she shoved her cellphone in her sling bag and locked her studio apartment to go. As she boarded the metro, she smiled remembering her mother who was excited that her daughter was going for a date with a renowned celebrity chef. As expected, Anvesha’s mother was beyond happy.

Adhyayan, on the other hand, was glancing at his watch again and again as he prepared the batter for the blueberry cheesecake. Usually Adhyayan never cooked in his restaurant being the boss, but today, all his employees were looking at him with wonder and amazement as their boss’s excitement was unmatched.

“Mihir, please I request to make sure everything is perfect”, Adhyayan has shouted at Mihir Negi, the chef, for thousandth time. “Praveen, make sure he doesn’t add salt this time and mess up everything”, Adhyayan instructed Praveen for one last time as the clock struck five.

Adhyayan removed the white apron he had been wearing, as he freshened up washing his face. Adhyayan gelled up his hair and took a deep breath, as he glanced at himself in the mirror. Opening the first two buttons of his maroon shirt, he seemed satisfied getting ready for his date.

It was fifteen minutes past five and Adhyayan was disappointed and anxious to not find Anvesha at his restaurant. Taking a deep breath, he contemplated whether he should call her or not, when his phone beeped. Checking the notification, he smiled at the text message,
Waiting for you at the place we last met

A smile crept on his face as Adhyayan rushed towards the corner table wherein he had exchanged his visiting card with Anvesha as he was looking forward to talking with the ‘furious cat’ who had a generous heart even for strangers.

“Hi”, Adhyayan said forwarding his hand for the handshake as his eyes were struck at the beautiful girl sitting in front of him. For once, Adhyayan could not remove his dark brown eyes from her icy blue eyes and soft pink lips that looked fresh and tender like rose petals.

Anvesha, on the other hand, had expected herself to reach on time but the delay in the metro services of the blue line had caused her unexpected delay. She had texted him and was waiting for him when she saw a handsome man in maroon shirt and denims approaching towards her. She smiled as she glanced at his perfectly gelled-up hair and perfectly chiseled physique peeking from his shirt.

“Hello”, she greeted back shaking his hands with him and the conversation began.

“I am glad you came”, Adhyayan said as he took his seat trying to reduce the awkwardness between them.

“Well! I couldn’t deny the invitation.” Anvesha said giving a big, wide smile. Realizing that her words might sound desperate, she bit her tongue and said, “I have heard a lot of Mihir”.

Adhyayan chuckled realizing the budding chemistry between them and he teased her, “Have you not heard of me?”

“Who hasn’t heard about you?” Anvesha said as she tried to avoid his scrutinizing, confident gaze. She nodded trying to hide her smile. She wondered why she was smiling so much!

“Would you like to place the order?” asked Adhyayan signaling the waiter to attend his table. He was drowned in her alluring smile and quick-witted replies.