Chapter 31

It had been six months and both Adhyayan as well as Anvesha were beyond happy to have each other in their lives. There relationship was progressing on a good note and they couldn't believe they were celebrating their six months anniversary today.

Being a Wednesday, it was a hectic day for both of them. Anvesha had a hectic day because she was interviewing the family of Colonel Amar Vashistha. The Delhi-based colonel was martyred while countering the attack of terrorists at the Jammu and Kashmir border. She was deeply hurt upon listening to the ordeal of his life. She was deeply inspired by the young kid of the late colonel who was keen to join the Armed Forces and become like his father in future. She had tears in her eyes when Mrs. Nikita Vashistha, wife of the martyred army officer had courageously smiled and narrated the bravery of her husband.

After the interview, when the mother-son duo was ready to leave the studio, Anvesha asked Nikita, “Ma’am, from where do you get the courage to smile and manage everything when you loved your husband so much?” gulping her tears as Nikita had told Anvesha about her love marriage with Amar.

“I, too, cried Anvesha when I heard that Amar was getting posted to the Jammu and Kashmir border. Things were not fine at the border. Wiping my tears, Amar had explained the importance of his job. He had made me strong to accept the casualties and as a wife of a brave colonel, I learnt to be a moral support of my in-laws and my child. Somewhere I was anxious about his safety and I prayed for his well-being daily but you know, when I was told he could not return back, I received the biggest shock of my life. I was numb to hear about him receiving many bullets. I was worried of him. I too cried. I cried till the day he came wrapped in the tricolor. That day I realized my husband was a martyr who had sacrificed his life for the safety of others. I chose to stay strong since that day for my child. I miss my husband but I am proud of his sacrifices”, Nikita said with tears in her eyes.

Anvesha was numb for a minute. She hugged the young lady in her late thirties and cried her heart out. Nikita patted her back and offered her water to drink. Wiping her tears, Anvesha bade goodbye to the brave lady, Mrs. Nikita Vashistha with a heavy heart.
It was time for Anvesha to leave her office as she was going to meet her boyfriend.

Rushing to the restroom, she freshened herself applying light makeup highlighting her gorgeous face as she left for their favorite destination, Love=Food.

Adhyayan, on the other hand, had a tiring shoot for his culinary show. He was about to leave when his director, Samaira Verma stopped him dreamily.

He chuckled looking at blushing Samaira who was head over heels on him. At times, he wondered if he should tell her indirectly that he was in a relationship but he always avoided it because he knew Samaira never approached him directly.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, he stopped in his tracks when Samaira said, “Sir, umm…, actually, ….”

Adhyayan huffed as he interrupted her and asked, “What is it, madam?”

Samaira mentally reprimanded herself for making a fool of herself in front of the no-nonsense celebrity chef. She knew she liked Adhyayan and his exotic style a lot but she had chosen to stick on her professional relationship with him. Moreover, her family had fixed her engagement with a renowned CA next week and she knew she had lost her chance with Adhyayan. She was not sad after all, she had begun liking her to-be fiancé but at the same time, she was loss of words in front of the celebrity chef, Mr. Adhyayan Joshi as blood used to rush on her cheeks.

She gathered her words to speak taking a deep breath and said, “Sir, actually Kellogg’s India want to sign you up for their advertisement videos. Can you please consider this offer?” fidgeting her fingers.

Adhyayan nodded as he said, “Madam, you can send the details to my manager and I will look into the remuneration matters and get back to you”. Having said these words, Adhyayan was leaving when Samaira called him again.

He turned when Samaira walked up to him and said, “Sir, actually I am getting engaged over the next week”, mentally chiding herself for saying all this.

Adhyayan was taken aback at Samaira’s words as he wondered why she was telling him about her engagement. Adhyayan mouthed a ‘congratulations’ when she chimed in, “Sir, I want to invite you on my engagement with your date”, as she handed over her engagement invitation to him.

For the first time, Adhyayan smiled widely at Samaira mentally relaxing over the thought finally the dreamy girl was getting engaged. He said, “I will definitely come with my girlfriend”, to which Samaira smiled whole-heartedly.

Adhyayan asked her, “So what does your to-be fiancé do?” in a friendly manner to which Samaira answered formally.

Smiling, Adhyayan left the studio after a hectic day but not before wishing all the best to Samaira for her bright future. He was looking forward to attend the engagement of his diligent director who worked with high professional etiquettes with him since last three years despite being attracted to him.

Glancing at his watch, he quickly rushed to the place where he first met Anvesha, the love of his life. After all, he knew Anvesha would be waiting for him at Love=Food.

Driving quickly to his restaurant in the peak traffic hour when everyone returned to their homes after work, Adhyayan huffed as he handed his car keys to the valet in front of his restaurant.

Entering his restaurant, his dark brown eyes searched for Anvesha who was sitting at the corner table of the restaurant. Clad in a pink colored cotton tunic with floral print along with blue denims, Anvesha was looking stunning as always. Adhyayan smiled looking at her who glared at him.

As a big smile crept on his bow-shaped lips, Adhyayan walked towards the corner table and said, “I know I am bit late. I am so sorry. There was too much traffic.”

“I am angry”, Anvesha said furiously trying to control her laughter as her icy blue eyes glared at him.

“I am sorry, Precious”, Adhyayan said in a husky tone and blush crept on Anvesha’s soft cheeks. Her heart mellowed as butterflies began a happy dance in her stomach.

“I am angry and I will ask Mihir to serve you his special cheesecake”, Anvesha said giggling at him. It was really difficult for her to stop laughing looking at cute expressions of Adhyayan who was giving her a lopsided smile.

As both of them laughed, Adhyayan offered her for a walk at the busy road of Connaught Place, the heart of Delhi. After a relaxing cup of coffee with the signature hazelnut cookies of the restaurant, both Adhyayan and Anvesha left for their calm walk in the hustle-bustle of the heart of the capital.

With their palms entwined with each other, Adhyayan and Anvesha talked their hearts out, laughing and giggling at each other. Wonderfully, they could find solace in each other’s company even in the busy roads of Delhi with heavy traffic.

Both of them were exhausted as they enjoyed the window shopping. Both of them visited the holy shrine of Bangla Sahib Gurudwara and offered their prayers. Sitting near the Sarovar, both of them admired the stunning architectural beauty of the spiritual place. In the backdrop of melodious kirtan, the lovebirds enjoyed the spiritual ambience relishing the tranquility and serenity of the shrine.

Adhyayan had told Anvesha about Samaira’s engagement and she had agreed upon to attend the party. It was late at night when they relished upon the elaborated dinner with scrumptious dishes when Adhyayan offered her to drop home.

Both of them relished each other’s company but still had not celebrated their six months anniversary yet. Both Adhyayan and Anvesha had common thoughts coming up in their minds to make the event memorable. They had not even exchanged their gifts yet.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone
Here's this short update!
Do share your views on the story and shower your love with your valuable comments and lovely votes... 😘😘😘😘
I will be updating soon. Plus, Samaira's engagement is an important event with respect to Adhyayan's six year old story...😅😅😅😅
Love you all
💜