Chapter 35

The chapter is dedicated to harshita4289

As the clock struck two in the afternoon, a tall, chubby girl entered the house in a happy mood. Clad in a school uniform, with a school bag on her right shoulder and couple of books in her left hand, she walked into the living room and was shocked to see the scene in front of her.

Anvesha was sitting on the sofa in their rustic styled living room engrossed in the conversation with the old man while his wife was cooking in the kitchen. Looking at his tired daughter, Mr. Hariprakash Joshi said, “Parisa, look who is here?” smilingly.

Parisa glanced at charming Anvesha and admired the journalist sitting in front of her. She had been excited to meet Anvesha but not today especially when she knew her brother had acted disgracefully with his charming girlfriend who was sitting in their house right now oblivious to the issues of the Joshi family. She scratched the back of her neck as she realized her brother was doomed.

“Hello, ma’am”, Parisa said smiling meekly towards Anvesha who returned a whole-hearted smile to her.

Shaking her hands with Parisa, Anvesha greeted her normally trying to reduce the awkwardness as they both shared an eye contact. Parisa rushed to her room after excusing herself to get freshened up. In her bedroom, she picked her phone and called Adhyayan.

Adhyayan, who had been shouting at one of his workers for a petty reason, received the call of his sister in five rings.

Bhaiya, you are doomed”, Parisa said immediately without even greeting him. She was panting hard as she wondered what would have happen if her father gets to know that Anvesha was dating Adhyayan.

“What?” Adhyayan questioned getting puzzled as he tried to comprehend things.

Bhaiya, I am telling you, your doomsday has arrived”, Parisa reiterated the same statement trying to gain the much-needed attention
.
Adhyayan was beyond irritated at the moment. Taking a deep breath, he said, “Pari, calm down and tell everything properly”.

Bhaiya, your girlfriend is having a lively conversation with father and papa, introduced me by my name. Moreover, she is all alone for a lunch without her team”, Parisa said getting impatient.

Adhyayan sighed as he realized Anvesha was intelligent enough to connect the dots. He said, “Pari, go downstairs and make sure she doesn’t question about me directly. You know how things are, right. I would have told her everything but she is not talking to me”.

Parisa sighed as she reprimanded her brother, “So you ruined your present because of that bitch, right?” cursing her brother’s ex-girlfriend who was the cause of the problems in their lives.

Adhyayan smiled as he realized his baby sister was grown up enough to curse in front of him. With a thin lipped smile, he said sternly, “Pari, don’t curse.”

“That ugly Sarah deserves to be cursed”, Parisa whined while Adhyayan just smiled. He realized he should have explained everything to Anvesha before her trip to the Joshi's house because now she must have developed the curiosity to know everything. He mentally prayed the Almighty to make everything fine between him and his girlfriend because he was not only missing her but also feeling guilty to have kept her in dark. She deserved to know everything, Adhyayan thought.

“Pari, I know how Anvesha is. If she is all alone, that means, she has realized the truth. Now it is your duty to make sure she is not at all humiliated by our great father. I will personally visit her and apologize her once she returns.” Adhyayan instructed his baby sister who nodded in affirmation and mumbled a ‘yes’ before disconnecting the call.