Chapter 32

Adhyayan offered Anvesha to drop her at her studio apartment as it was getting late. The cool breeze was blowing in the busy city taking both of them to the memories of their hometown as they waited for the valet to bring the car.

“Adhyayan, I have got a small present for you. I hope you will like it.” Anvesha said nudging Adhyayan as she pulled his chiseled arm towards herself.

Adhyayan smiled at her, gently kissing on her forehead, as he said, “I drop you first and then you can give me the gift. Plus, I have also got something for you, Precious.”

Having heard these words, a jolt of lightning ran down the spine of Anvesha as Adhyayan pulled her through small waist towards himself.

Sitting in the car, as Adhyayan ignited the engine and began to ride towards studio apartment of Anvesha, the wind began to blow and dark clouds emerged in the sky. It began drizzling bringing smile on the face of Anvesha.

“Do you like rains?” Adhyayan questioned her looking at her cute face with child-like enthusiasm.

Anvesha chuckled adding liveliness to the ambience as she said, “”Rains in Delhi are a bliss. Back home, I used to be frustrated when it rained but here I just wait for them”.

Adhyayan, too, could not help but laugh agreeing at the same point. As he stopped by the red light, he smiled missing his childhood days and said, “I agree. As a kid I hated getting up on the rainy mornings and going to school. It was frustrating to see heavy rains every morning while heading to school. Having shifted here, I miss those chilly rainy mornings in the monsoon.”

Both of them traveled to their past cherishing lovely memories of their childhood laughing at each other when it began to rain heavily making it difficult for Adhyayan to drive as the roads were getting filled with water.

Adhyayan realized it would become a very torturous affair to drive Anvesha back home and then revert to his abode in the opposite direction. He wondered his home was about three kilometers away from their location but he was apprehensive to voice his thoughts as he realized Anvesha would not like it.

Anvesha, on the other hand, was thinking on the same lines. She wondered Adhyayan would have to drive late at night to reach his home after dropping her. She cursed her housing society who did not allow the bachelors and spinsters to have friends late at night.

Taking a deep breath, Anvesha said, “Adhyayan, drop me to the nearest metro station. I will manage otherwise you will get late.” She tried to explain Adhyayan, her dilemma who just chuckled leaving her appalled.

“Madam, at no cost, I will dropping you at the metro station. I understand your concern and I have an idea.” Adhyayan said as he drove towards the opposite direction at the next intersection while Anvesha eyed him suspiciously. 

“I am taking you at my place”, Adhyayan said while Anvesha looked at him bewildered as all the wild thoughts began trespassing in her mind and a small smile crept on her rose-petals like lips which got unnoticed by Adhyayan.

“You can take another room”, Adhyayan said almost chuckling as he teased Anvesha earning a playful smack from her on his bicep.

Adhyayan smiled as he said, “Calm down, my lady”, as he drove towards his abode.

The rest of the ride was a silent one as a plethora of thoughts crossed Anvesha’s mind. Adhyayan was constantly cursing at the thunderstorm and the heavy rains that were making it difficult for him to drive and Anvesha was enjoying the show. After all, not many people had heard the no-nonsense celebrity chef hailing profanities getting pissed off.