Chapter 48

It was ten at night when Anvesha came back home. Her weekdays were really hectic since the day she was conducting the live debate at prime time, from eight to nine at night. After getting the promotion, Anvesha indeed, had the huge set of responsibilities on her shoulders.

Her colleagues and her seniors had appreciated about her code of conduct and staunch professionalism along with unbiased opinions, as she was able to maintain decorum in the live political debates without insulting any expert. She was really happy as her show was getting desirable response and the viewership of her channel was shooting up at the prime time.

Feeling tired yet contended, she reached her studio apartment and knocked. She felt home after so many years as she realized there was someone who was waiting for her, after all, her elder brother had not even eaten the dinner yet. She felt grateful to have a wonderful brother who was awake for her late at night despite being tired.

A smile crept on her face as she remembered the idea of Adhyayan to get married with him.

We would reach home at ten and have our meals after marriage, she thought.

Anvesha stood dumbstruck as she realized she was imagining her married life though she was not ready to get married really soon. Love changes oneself so much, she thought and smiled coyly.

Her trance of thoughts were broken when her brother nudged her and said, “Stop dreaming about your boyfriend, Anu and come in. I am starving”.

Absentmindedly, she said, “Dada, how do you know I am thinking about him?”, as she entered inside the house earning a chuckle from her elder brother.

Hruday laughed as he retorted, “Your blush speaks a lot. Come on, freshen up. Your maid has cooked cottage cheese curry with chapattis.”

Finishing her daily chores and changing into comfortable blue colored night suit, Anvesha sat on her dining table while Hruday served her the dinner. The brother and sister were chit-chatting while enjoying the dinner when both of their phones rang at the same time.

Raising their eyebrows at each other, the duo smiled coyly as they received their respective phones and talked in hushed voices.

“Hey, Anvesha. Have you reached?” Adhyayan said immediately when the call was received by Anvesha, who was sitting on the dining table while her brother had moved to the couch in the living area leaving his food.

“Yeah. I am having dinner with my brother.” Anvesha answered in a low voice embarrassed to talk to her boyfriend in front of her brother. The couple was used to lovey-dovey talks at night before sleeping. As she remembered the tidbits of their conversation, Anvesha turned scarlet-red.

“Ah! Okay. I just wanted to remind you that please look at my gift.” Adhyayan said in a disappointed tone. He was driving back to his penthouse at night after a hectic day.

“Yeah, yeah, I will see it and thank you. Now, Goodnight.” Anvesha said smiling as she glanced at her brother who seemed to be blushing.

“I love you”, Adhyayan mumbled purposely teasing his girlfriend as he knew she won’t answer him back properly in front of Hruday.

“Me too, Adhyayan. Bye.” Anvesha said blushing in a very low pitch as she disconnected the phone call.

Smilingly, she dug in her meal occasionally stealing glances of her brother who seemed to be blushing.

Hruday, on the other hand, was talking to the girl he had met recently, Anamika Bhattacharya, a chartered accountant by profession. A week ago, his mother pestered to meet Anamika, a friend’s daughter as an arranged marriage prospect. He was already twenty eight and according to his parents, it was the right time for him to get married soon. He met Anamika reluctantly but they instantly clicked with each other. How come an hour meeting turned into late night chats in a week, they never realized.

Anamika was teasing Hruday with her romantic dialogues and he was blushing as he was not comfortable to answer her back in front of his sister ironically, who was talking with her boyfriend.

Hruday just chuckled as he disconnected the phone and went back to finish his meals. His cheeks had a hue of red which did not go unnoticed by Anvesha. She questioned him, “Who is she, dada?” winking at her brother and Hruday narrated everything to her.

“You like her”, Anvesha chimed in with a smile on her face and Hruday just nodded.

Excitedly, she said, “I am happy for you. Finally I will get a chance to meet someone whom I can tell all your secrets.” Sticking her tongue out, Anvesha teased her brother as they finished with their meal.

Hruday, who was already crimson hid his face in his palms. He was simply not used to getting teased. He wondered how he would tackle the deadly combination of Anvesha and Anamika who can tease him to death.

He talked about her day quickly changing the topic as they talked for a while before retiring to the bed.

Technically, the sleeping arrangement was such that Hruday was taking the queen-sized bed because he had to leave early in the morning and hence, catching a proper sleep was really essential for him. Anvesha, on the other hand, being five feet and nine inch tall was shorter than six feet tall Hruday, so she was taking the couch.

Before drowsing off to sleep, Anvesha remembered the gift box Adhyayan had given to her. Quietly, she got up and took out her tote bag from the almirah making sure to not disturb her brother who was sleeping peacefully after a tiring day.

She shoved her hand inside her big tote and found the gift box wrapped in a cute gift wrap. As she opened it, she was thrilled to find a beautiful golden pen over which it was beautifully carved, ‘A’, the initial letter of her name which coincided with that of her boyfriend. A smile crept on her rose-petal like lips as she realized that Adhyayan indeed, had an impeccable choice when it comes to gifting someone.

After texting him,

Hey! You know I always wanted to be a journalist since I came across this proverb, Pen is mightier than sword.

Today, you gifted me a valuable pen. I am calling it precious not because it is expensive and made of gold but because it has our initial on it, A. It is a symbol of us, our love. I will cherish it forever. 💖

It is really a thoughtful gift, thank you for buying it for me.😍

I can write thousands of reasons of loving you with this pen. 😘😘😘

Good night

Having sent the message, she closed her eyes and enjoyed herself in the dreamland of hers.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

Here's the new chapter of the story.😘😘😘😘

Please enjoy the update and shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments 💚💛💚💛💚💛

How's the chapter?

Have a good day and please hit the 🌟 button, pretty please 😃😃😃😃

Love you all
💜