Chapter 58

Anvesha gobbled down her food quickly as she continued to call Adhyayan who was busy at his restaurant deliberating avoiding the phone calls. Mentally hailing profanities at his cursed fate and cursing his father, the irritated celebrity chef dreaded talking to his girlfriend. He knew Anvesha would be annoyed when she would have found out about his father being persistent about their marriage.

Finishing his work, he called her back as he entered in his car to drive back to his penthouse where his hungry sister was waiting for him. A smile crept on his bow-shaped lips as he realized Parisa never had dinner all alone.

On the other hand, Anvesha was annoyed as she realized Mr. Haughty Shoes was avoiding her. Since when these misunderstandings took birth, she thought as she took her car keys and dashed out of her apartment. She was dressed in a pink tank top and cotton hot pants, but she could care less. Being impulsive was her character trait and she wanted to talk with Adhyayan immediately, so she drove to his residence because she knew he could not avoid her there.

She had entered inside the elevator of Adhyayan’s housing society when her phone rang. She scoffed looking at the caller ID as she received the call and said, “Hello”.

“Anvesha, you called”, said Adhyayan trying to sound calm though he was boiling in anger at his father. He knew Anvesha was not ready for marriage and he speculated she would break off their engagement. His heart bled at a mere thought of Anvesha going away from his life. Having spent almost four best years of his life with her, he could not imagine a life without her.

Anvesha could hear the honking of vehicles and she realized he was still not home. “Yes and I wanted to talk so come home soon. I am waiting at your place.” She said in a monotone and disconnected the phone. She took deep breaths to calm her racing heartbeat as she tried to build her confidence and rang the doorbell.

Parisa, who was studying for her final year exams was startled at the sound of doorbell. She wondered who was there at late night when she was all alone. She knew it was not Adhyayan at the door as both the brother and sister had spare keys of the apartment. She went the near the door and peeped out from the peephole getting shocked to the core. Never had she expected Anvesha at her door at nine at night.

Parisa ushered her to-be sister-in-law inside the house and asked, “All okay?”

Anvesha nodded and gave an assuring smile to her. They both were sitting in the living room and chit-chatting when a shocked, angry and dejected Adhyayan entered in his house. His heart was thumping loudly and he was waiting to receive Anvesha’s wrath.

With his head bowed down, he went past the living room trying not to meet the gaze of Anvesha. He dreaded the confrontation for now but he was sure, if Anvesha would move out of their sweet relationship then he would break all the ties with his father.

Anvesha was startled to see a dejected Adhyayan whose face had lost its charm. Parisa was quiet as she realized something was terribly wrong between the couple. Anvesha broke the ice as she said, “Adhyayan and Parisa, please have your dinner.”

Adhyayan stopped in his tracks when Anvesha smiled at him coldly and said, “We can talk after dinner”.

Adhyayan nodded in affirmation as he knew he could not run away from dreaded confrontation.

Parisa, on the other hand, served the dinner their maid had cooked for the siblings. Anvesha, who was full, stole glances of her dejected boyfriend every now and then as he gulped the food after changing into a blue T-shirt and grey sweatpants. Dinner was carried out in complete silence.

Finishing her meals, Parisa got up anxiously and left to her room giving the couple privacy which Adhyayan and Anvesha needed the most.
Adhyayan had lost his appetite. He somehow, ate the meal and kept the dishes in the sink.